Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Dear Ankestamen, I am so sorry about the koss of your mother. In the photos on your website, she is every bit as lovely as I remember her. What an incredible bone structure!! She was also a really nice person.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    Thanks A'isha, Yes, she was very pretty. That is one thing that I never got her great bone structure. Or her long legs. I got dad's looks, not bad, but short. Anyway I still continue teaching her style and way, and enjoy every minute of it. Talk to you later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Dear Kalila,
    Jodette may or may not remember me, but please give her my highest regards and tell her M'a khalis al shukur, "with purest thanks", for starting me off on the right foot, so to speak in the art of Egyptian belly dance! I feel that because of her influence in my early dance days, I am able to really SEE things about the dance that I otherwise would have missed.
    Regards,

A'isha
    A'isha, I keep meaning to pass your message to Jodette, and I apologize for not doing so already. Is there any other name she would know you by, or did she know you as A'isha?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jodette

Quote Originally Posted by kalila_raks View Post
    A'isha, I keep meaning to pass your message to Jodette, and I apologize for not doing so already. Is there any other name she would know you by, or did she know you as A'isha?
    Dear Kalila,
    Since I started with her, I did not have a professional name, but later when I sponsored her for a workshop, I was already known by A'isha.
    Regards,
    A.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jodette (Silhi) Johnson

Hi, Kalila:

I want to thank you for posting your support for Jodette. She is truly a gem. Her ties to Egypt and the dancers there makes her the real thing, and I'm very lucky to have had her as my first teacher. I'm hoping to drive up there in March sometime to do an interview of her.

The fact that she actually knew Badiya Masabni, Taheyia Karioka, Samia Gamal, Mohamed Abd El Wahab, Fareed Al Atrasch, and Abd El Halim Hafez, not to mention the movie stars I now follow on Arabic TV, to me, is fascinating. Over three decades after my first class with her, she invited me to teach a workshop for her. I was so very honored. I have been invited back to teach ever since.

BTW...I know that she has a Myspace.com page and I, myself, am putting together a Tribe.net page for her. I already have a Tribe.net forum for her Nu Heb Jodette - tribe.net. Join it and stay informed.

Again, much thanks. She is one dynamic lovely human being.

-Sausan

Post Thanks / Like

By the way....

Jacques El Asmar is the male dancer featured on the subject page.

-Sausan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jodette -- In Person

Hi,

I know this thread has kinda died out...but I've opened up opportunities for anyone to join in field trips to Sacramento to rub elbows and talk with Jodette. We've had two field trips so far, and each has been a total success. She is from that era; knew Samia Gamal and Taheya Karaoka, and danced with some of the greatest in the business. If anyone is interested, please reply to this thread or email me offline at sausanacademy at gmail do com.

Looking forward....

-Sausan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678