Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is your weak part in bellydance?

Hi all
    I thought it would be interesting to share our "weak/deffau/bad things" in our own dance.
    So getting it out:

I'm Maria Aya and
    a) zills hate me I hate them also but I have to use them (in class) but they still hate me !!!!
    b) when I get attacked to a new compination I tent to use it all the time for the next week grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *(*%$^#&*((^ so repetition problem

Post Thanks / Like

Veils are my bane. They seriously hate me Some people I know make it look so easy (which is obviously what you are supposed to do), but when I attempt to duplicate their moves I quite often end up a tangled mess! I know a lot of my problem comes from not being able to move my hands around the veil as well as I should so I can adjust the length I'm working with for various moves and I'm working towards correcting this, but so often I just want to screw it up into a little ball and hurl it away

Post Thanks / Like

I am still a beginner so I guess my weak points are not much worse than my strong points , but I have the idea that my weak points are:

- dancing with veil (although I only had 2 veil lessons so maybe it's not that bad)
    - INPROVISING

Post Thanks / Like

(iMprovising :o)

Post Thanks / Like

Very crisp, sharp movements. I have the kind of body that flows a lot better than it pops (though you wouldn't think that to hear my knees when I get up off the floor).
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

My pops are ok, but I tend to be flowy a lot because I also have a very flowy body. I keep getting back to the flowing moves if I don't know what to do for a sec.
    I like zills, but my veil used to hate me too. Lately I've been getting better at it but still my veilwork often sucks. Oh well.. it used to be worse
    Last edited by Yshka; 07-21-2006 at 03:18 PM.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Improvising for me :p

And I can flow or pop alright, but when it comes to stopping that's the prob. I tend to do too much of one and not enough of the other.

Hands! I think I have one floppy not so important hand and one hand which I must love more than the other cause it always looks better.

Post Thanks / Like

Shimmying is a bit hit and miss for me - you know when you don't quite feel you've got something right. And as for trying to move it about at the same time...

Practise practise practise....

Oh yes, and my balance isn't great when doing fast travelling stuff, especially with turns involved.
    Last edited by Aniseteph; 07-21-2006 at 07:14 PM. Reason: a postscript!

Post Thanks / Like

Shimmies still give me trouble - some days they'll come out all right, other days they won't. And when I like a new combination I will use it over and over and over and over and over again... I'm not my best with veils either - they seem to want to eat me - but this is the part that bothers me the least... I prefer to see other dancers perform with veils rather than do it myself, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything real sharp is hard for me, I tend to always want to make everything very round and flowing. Also I tend to forget about my hands if I havnt planned out something for them to do before I start dancing, I get stuck in one position and don't move them. Blah!

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast