Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

i've had time to think of this, my weakness is my lack of greatness in all my moves.

well i'm only on my 2nd class, so i dont know my weaknesses yet. waiting for someone to tell me though.

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

flutters!!! they make me crazy...I manage to control my diaphragm a bit, thanks to my former singing class teacher with whom we really drilled diaphragm control...but it was only SLOW movements! so I can make it move (like really suck it in and I am not doing it with respiration), but there's no flutter!!!

Post Thanks / Like

with such little experience its hard to say what my weaknesses are.

after a month, i am already finding head slides to be very difficult, as well as forward shoulder rolls. perhaps this works the same muscle group.

for arms my teach says to pretend we are hugging a big tree, but i find myself being the tree. my arms are very stiff if they are in neutral position for too long.

but glad to report my concentration ticks have gone away for most part, i finally learned to relax into proper posture (just in time too since i started classes). so posture is one less thing i have to focus on and that helps.

i think that covers it, for now.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say also. I think posture is what I need to focus on now for all basic moves.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the worst time Improvising, I always leave the stage thinking, why didnt I do this? how could I have forgotten that? I get nervous unless I know the music well, but even if I know the music I feel I forget to do something.

I also have what is called "lazy arms" I know the movement but unless I am concentrating on my arms, they just look sloppy.

Working on both...but it takes time!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently discovered I have one active arm (left) and one passive arm (right), though I'm right-handed

Post Thanks / Like

I have a passive arm too! Mine is my left though. I broke my elbow joint a few years ago and it doesn't quite have the same range of movement as my right and tends to get sloppy or lifeless when I'm tired.

Post Thanks / Like

Being sharp, especially in arm and hands movement. My teacher is much concerned that my body is too soft for our next cheography in Afro style.

Post Thanks / Like

My weakness is most definitely spins. I'm fast - very fast, and can't seem to slow down at all!

And my face. Still photos make me look like I'm in pain, and that dancing is the most excruciatingly horrible thing I could be doing, when I feel the exact opposite. Maybe I need a yashmak...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

with much thought, I've decided I'm not sure what I'm weak at. I don't mean that to say I have no weak points.
    Are we talking about things we struggle with because they don't mentally click or things that we know we would get if only we practiced? Are we even the best judge?
    I know I can get tense which affects the movement and as Mandii has written, if I'm tense and improving it can be hellish as you feel like you can't remember a single step, I know my arms can drift up a little, I'm reasonably flexible so I can push my body out more than I need to, I'm a fatass that's a weakness

Will have to harass my teacher to tell me what I suck at and need to go away and work on.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast