Which is your weak part in bellydance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria_Aya

Hi all:)
I thought it would be interesting to share our "weak/deffau/bad things" in our own dance.
So getting it out:

I'm Maria Aya and
a) zills hate me :confused: I hate them also but I have to use them (in class) but they still hate me !!!!
b) when I get attacked to a new compination I tent to use it all the time for the next week grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *(*%$^#&*((^ so repetition problem

Mouse

Veils are my bane. They seriously hate me :( Some people I know make it look so easy (which is obviously what you are supposed to do), but when I attempt to duplicate their moves I quite often end up a tangled mess! I know a lot of my problem comes from not being able to move my hands around the veil as well as I should so I can adjust the length I'm working with for various moves and I'm working towards correcting this, but so often I just want to screw it up into a little ball and hurl it away :rolleyes:

Moon

I am still a beginner so I guess my weak points are not much worse than my strong points ;), but I have the idea that my weak points are:

- dancing with veil (although I only had 2 veil lessons so maybe it's not that bad)
- INPROVISING :(

Shanazel

Very crisp, sharp movements. I have the kind of body that flows a lot better than it pops (though you wouldn't think that to hear my knees when I get up off the floor).

Yshka

My pops are ok, but I tend to be flowy a lot because I also have a very flowy body. I keep getting back to the flowing moves if I don't know what to do for a sec.
I like zills, but my veil used to hate me too. Lately I've been getting better at it but still my veilwork often sucks. Oh well.. it used to be worse:D

Last edited:

Sara

Improvising for me :p

And I can flow or pop alright, but when it comes to stopping that's the prob. I tend to do too much of one and not enough of the other.

Hands! I think I have one floppy not so important hand and one hand which I must love more than the other cause it always looks better.

Aniseteph

Shimmying is a bit hit and miss for me :mad: - you know when you don't quite feel you've got something right. And as for trying to move it about at the same time... :rolleyes:

Practise practise practise....

Oh yes, and my balance isn't great when doing fast travelling stuff, especially with turns involved.

Last edited:

Zurah

Shimmies still give me trouble - some days they'll come out all right, other days they won't. :( And when I like a new combination I will use it over and over and over and over and over again... I'm not my best with veils either - they seem to want to eat me - but this is the part that bothers me the least... I prefer to see other dancers perform with veils rather than do it myself, anyway.

Inanna

Anything real sharp is hard for me, I tend to always want to make everything very round and flowing. Also I tend to forget about my hands if I havnt planned out something for them to do before I start dancing, I get stuck in one position and don't move them. Blah!

Speed is my biggest problem, I get really excited when I first learn a choreography. So I have to sit and listen to the music several times when I practice. This is why i love improvisation.
Yasmine

Hadassah

Probably focussing while I am choreographing. I'm becoming more improvisational, but when i try to choreograph, I just want to get up and dance, instead of listening and being organized about it.

My left side is dominant. My left hand is prettier. I'm working on the right, but even my teacher is more dom on one side.

Kiraze

I am really poor with most of the props... it is hard to try to be decent Turkish style dancer without knowing how to play zills well but my real trouble is with veil: I guess my dancing with veil looks like pro wrestler is trying to tackle her worst enemy, so better to leave that out of any performance :D

Kiadorin

Right now, my hands and transitions are the two weaknesses that are getting most of my attention. My pinky fingers tend to curl in the strangest way. =/

Safran

I manage improvisations, but... I just tend to stay in one place and do my thing. Gotta learn space management :)

And on the technical side - any element that requires the left knee :p It doesn't quite want to catch up with the right one ;)

gwinity

Veil. Puke. The thing tried to strangle me once. It wasn't pretty.
LOL!!!!

I'm still a beginner who hasn't has her first performance yet, so i'm probably equally bad in all areas, but my biggest fault is with choreo - I constantly, constantly mess up my left from my right with steps, turns etc. It's rather embarassing, but it's my biggest thing I ned to work on.

Then shimmies. And transitions. And..... (the list goes on)

Status
Not open for further replies.