Moderators needed

Salome

Administrator
Greetings everyone,

We have five forums in need of additional moderators. We like to have two active moderators per forum... If you have the time to check one forum each day and make moderations when needed and would like to volunteer please let us know. Also if you have a preference on which of the following forums you would like to watch over please mention it :)

Games and Prizes
I'm Searching for
Music
Other Dance Stuff
Instructors and Students
Beauty and Fitness

Dev

Dear Salome,

I would be happy to do the Games and prizes section, That sounds easy.:cool:

Lydia

Dear Salome i wish i could help out ,i am just so clumsy with compy,s sorry sorry sorry,i would realy love to again i want to thank your and habibi for all the lovely work have a great day Lydia

nicknack

Seeing as I appear to be permantly attached to my internet connection I'd volunteer.

Just as long as nobody objects for my never ending quest for power;) :lol:

If you are still looking for a moderator, I'm online everyday for most of the day. I don't post much but I'm always lurking and I've been a moderator for two other sites before (a cheerleading site and a roleplaying site).

Yshka

I would like the music section if it's still free. I'm in Lyrics already, the two are connected somehow, that would be cool:) . Nothing much happens in Lyrics most of the time lol, I'm up for a bigger job if you like :lol:

belly_dancer

just WHAT exactly does a moderator have to do????
I am still pretty computer illiterate (& apparently english spelling illiterate too.. though it is my 1st (&sad to say only) language!!
but I can check stuff on 'puter most days (except sunday... drat the "family"... noooo dancing (unless I'm making lots o' $$$$ those capitalist pigs (my family!!)) on sundays for me!!! (or anything "related" to dancing!!!!)

A moderator basically reviews the posts made in their section and deals with any incidents. For example if naming peopl in a bad way is not allowed on a site it is the moderators job to delete the name and remind the poster of the rules.

However, the job can sometimes come with abuse. People don't like being corrected a lot of the time :p

Dev

The moderator also gets an invitation to all the workshops absolutely free, a private costuming class from Dina and 4 free flights in a year around the world. How good is that :D

Yshka

Now I'd love that costuming class Dipali:lol: Sounds great, that's like making everyone want to become moderator:cool:

Salome

Administrator
Wow, thanks to everyone who volunteered! The two existing moderators got first choice then I selected people in the order they posted. To everyone else who kindly took us up: Anatoliy is working on reformatting other sections of OrientalDancer.net, like Belly dance News and the Instructors directory, lyrics etc. to have an easy interface... and we are going to be looking for teams of volunteers to be in charge of those sections. Our ultimate goal is to turn OrientalDancer.net into a community driven site.

Yasmine is on Instructors and Students
Dipali is on Games and Prizes
Kharmine is on Beauty and Fitness
Nicknack is on I'm Searching for
Yshka is taking on Music and keeping Lyrics
Belly taz is taking on Other dance stuff and keeping Meet and Greet

Yasmine, Dipali, Kharmine and Nicknack - Your moderator status will be activated by this evening (pst). Please go to the "Board for Moderators" and start by visiting the Homework and Tutorials sub forums. Go ahead and come through those as soon as you can and you will be all set.