Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll leave the REAL criticism to the experts, but I always love to see forum members dance, so please please post something!
    Maybe you could both do a choreographed piece and an improvisation piece? (Or leave some room for improvisation in the choreography?)
    You said you were working on that so who knows you might get very useful advice here!

Post Thanks / Like

I love you guys!

I KNOW I should be improvising -- and actually for the past 3 nights I've taken belly_dancer's challenge and been playing with it for 15 minutes, and I LIKE IT! But I don't see myself performing a full-out improv piece for a while, until I'm more comfortable with it.

Let me get the camcorder out of the closet and try this. Thanks!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    I love you guys!

I KNOW I should be improvising -- and actually for the past 3 nights I've taken belly_dancer's challenge and been playing with it for 15 minutes, and I LIKE IT! But I don't see myself performing a full-out improv piece for a while, until I'm more comfortable with it.

Let me get the camcorder out of the closet and try this. Thanks!!!!!

Dear Aziyade,
    Some advice to help those who will critique your dance. Do not wear black, do not wear anything too shiny if you are going to be wearing work-out clothes, because light refracts and they will not really be able to see your movements. Do not wear anything with too busy a pattern. (This was advice given to me by the company who shot my DVD.) Dance against a plain background if possible and be sure to wear a belt that contrasts with your leo, or, if you wear a costume, make sure it is not too pastel colored, or too like your skin in tone. I went to a show a couple of weeks ago where one of the dancers was wearing a lovely blue dance costume... her skin picked up every blue tone in the dress and she looked positively frozen.
    I will be happy to critique your dancing also, if you would like.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'll leave the REAL criticism to the experts, but I always love to see forum members dance, so please please post something!
    What Moon said. I'll be happy to help - if I can - but may not see things my more experienced sisters would...

Post Thanks / Like

I want this to be private cause I don't want it all over YouTube
    The Photo gallery that all the members bought can host video clips. I *think* it's also possible to make a user group so only those in the user group can access the picture or video. I'll talk to Anatoliy and find out!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not be much help because I am too new...But I would love to watch and learn! Good luck.

up north in a waterproof sequin-coverd yurt
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see it because I'm pretty sure you won't suck, I am afraid I'd be more the ego stroking kind though. I don't consider myself of critiquing caliber.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I would love to see the video and maybe comment on that from the newbies/not enough experienced dancers' side Dunno if I am good at constructive criticism, but I can give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

Whoo -hoo ! I want to start this now!!!! It may be a month or so though.
    A'isha thanks for the tips on what to wear. Does this actually technically give me an excuse to buy NEW practice wear? hmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Critique

Whoo -hoo ! I want to start this now!!!! It may be a month or so though.
    A'isha thanks for the tips on what to wear. Does this actually technically give me an excuse to buy NEW practice wear? hmm...

Dear Aziyade,
    Sounds more like a REASON than an EXCUSE!!! Go buy something fabulous!!
    Regards,
    A.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast