World Bellydance Day

zeenat

Hi There,
My name is Samra Said Ozturk.I'm an Oriental Dance Teacher from Singapore.I'm new on this site and would love to meet and know more teachers and dancers around the world.
Ms Lydia from Dubai has giving me an interesting and challenging task which I hope to accomplish by this weekend,which is to organise the World Bellydance Day in Singapore.We are having mini workshops from 11.00m till 4.00pm at my studio and later that evening I have invited all the bellydance schools teachers and dancer to support this special day and to perform at Chijmes from 7.00pm till 9.00pm.Inshaallah,I hope everything will go as plan.As World Bellydance Day is meant for Charity,our choice this year will go to World Vision.
I'm also organising my 3rd Annual Bellydance Festival in Singapore from the 27th till 30th of July 2007.If you need to know more pls visit my website at Pyramid Dancer
If any of you girls do come to Singapore pls feel free to call me at 65-91051979 or email me at pyramid.dancer@gmail.com

Happy Shimmies,
Samra.

Lydia

HIIIIII SAMRA!!!!!welcome to this forum ,you will meet lots of very nice people here ,and it,s great to have you around...i am so happy you are in for the world bellydance day,and i will be thinking of you you start out before us in Dubai we start at 15.30 and whit the timezone differance you are on your last shimmy,s than...goodluck saterday....biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Hug Lydia

belly taz

Maria_Aya

Welcome from Greece !!!!!!!!!!!

Its great that bellydance is all over the world, and I've seen your site many times, you do great job !!!

Maria Aya:D

janaki

Hi Samra,

Nice to meet you again in this forum!!! I am hoping to come to the festival this year. I'll keep you posted. Oh my! there are so many things happening in Singapore!!!!

Love
Janaki
Hong Kong

zeenat

World Bellydance Day A Success In S'pore

Hi There,
Thank you for all your replies,and Janaki!!!!what a small world eh?Did'nt expect to hear from you,thanks dear.I do look forward to see you again in July,all details are up on my website and Prof.Hassan will be the guest master this year,Nuriyya,Jenna and others.It will be an honour to have him here in Singapore.
As for the World Bellydance Day goes,we conducted hourly workshops from 11.00am till 5.00pm at my studio,got ready than,guess what? comes the heavy rain and it was an outdoor performance at Chijmes,what else can I do but pray for it to stop and it did!!! by 6.00pm and the show starts later at 7.30pm and ended at 9.45pm.
I was so happy to see for the first time so many dancers from other schools that supported us to try and make it a success and many that came to support:dance.I will post the photos once it's ready.
I think for such an event all the bellydance schools,teachers,dancers,bellydance enthusiasts should work together & united to make this day a huge success & I believe it will oneday.The World would be a better place to live if we learn to give,share & love one another.
All thanks to you,Lydia for having such a wonderful idea!!!!!!!!

Happy Shimmies,
Samra

janaki

Hey Samra,

Great job! I am glad you too the initiative to do it. Hahaha...what can I say, HK..Singapore, you can't plan out door events with out praying!!! Hope to see you for the Ahlamy festival!!! Good luck with it!

Can't wait to see the pics!!!

lov
Janaki

Kiraze

Hi Samra,

nice to see you here on forum: I unfortunately could not make it to World Belly Dance Day (I was a bit confused about the day as your SMS told the correct day but at website there was July) but for certain I will come to Ahlamy festival :D

Please keep me informed if there are any other dance happenings - and perhaps I should also join some weekly classes. BTW are you coming to Leila Haddad show/workshop?

Rgds,

Virpi (Kiraze)

zeenat

I'm sorry about the dates.

Hi Virpi,
Nice to catch up with you again.I apologise on behalf of my webmaster,he was confused because of the AHLAMY Festival which is taking place in July.I was so busy and only knew after my girl told me about it.We did change the month immediately,though.
Yes,I will be attending Leila's workshop and the concert on Saturday.
About the festival,all flyers,registeration forms and tickets are ready which can be purchase at me shop or you can download it from my website,the registeration form,that is.
Ya,I do hope to see you soon.Have a nice day.

Happy Shimmies!!!!!!!!!
Samra.

zeenat

Thank you to all.

Dear Friends,
It was nice of you to have dropped me a line and it is a pleasure knowing you and to have read your mail.Thank you and have a nice day.

Happy Shimmies!!!!
Samra.