Salam dancers!
my name is Hasna and i dance bellydance for about 3 years. i am also a teacher here in Slovenia and i dance on shows and festivals.
here is also an invitation for our dance festival!
bye

BAZAR; the festival of oriental culture, 25. to 27. May 2007 in Ljubljana

In Slovenia there is a few years already a strong interest for culture and tradition of the far Orient, which reflects especially through the enthusiasm for oriental dance. The magic of the rhythms and the subtleness and the charm of the moves attracted already many dancers to dance oriental dance. And engage themselves to the dance. Forever. There are even more of those, who visit that kind and similar performances with pleasure. Annual manifestation of oriental dance would bring us closer foreign countries through different kinds of traditions and branches of oriental dances. It would announce at the same time solid programme start of festival: long – term project with the aspiration for introducing and nursing the oriental culture in Slovenia.

Because BAZAR reached great success last year in Ljubljana, Portorož and Kluže, we decided to organize it again this year.

Duration:

Festival would be divided on three different programme evenings:

It would take place on 25., 26. and 27. May 2007 in combination with dance workshops on Saturday and Sunday, leaded by dance teachers from foreign countries and from Slovenia. The best dancers from Slovenia and guests from foreign countries would introduce themselves in the evening programme. Special evening would be meant for closing representation of the participants of the two-days lasting dance workshops.

Organizers:

Festival is organised by Turkish restaurant Yildiz han, Association of belly and ethno dances fans Tuana and independent belly dancers.

CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRATI0N ON FESTIVAL:

CATEGORY I. MODERN ORIENTAL DANCES:

* Something about yourself in 10 sentences
* As possibility for your performance suggest 3 stiles
* Describe your references (where are you training, where did you perform?)
* When and where can we see your performance or send us videotape of your performance

CATEGORY II. ETHNO TRADITIONAL DANCES (FOLKLORE) AND MUSIC:

* When and where can we see your performance or send us videotape of your performance

CATEGORY III. PARTICIPANTS IN A BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED COURSES:

* References of your dance trainer and participation on workshops of festival

WE RECEIVE REGISTRATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS TO 25.2.2007