Do you know how to attach pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salome

Administrator
Hi Moderators,

one of the questions that comes up frequently from members is "how do I post a picture?"

I just saw a member in meet and greet asking after it. Posting pictures is not in our moderator tutorial so I wanted to check in with all of you - do you know how to attach a picture in your post?

Zurah

Lemme see if I can do this - pic of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain

I did it! I'd never tried attaching pix to posts before, I was afraid I'd cause the site or my computer to implode somehow.

Viv

Let see....if I do this right there will be a picture of my mom, daughter and me in front of the mosaic at Disney. Mom sent in three of our photos that were used in the mosaic, not that you an see them...lol.

Inanna

Well now, if I did this right there should be a picture of a cute belly dancer from last years Renaissance Festival.

Edit: Woo! I did it right!

Salome

Administrator
I don't know how. Are there instructions somewhere?

not on this 'new' forum and that's why I am checking in because members will need all of your help. I will make instructions though.

Yshka

I do know, I just uploaded picture in a thread somewhere. Just a question though: is it possible to upload directly from your computer? or just by inserting URL for a picture?

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
Sorry this is overdue, Shanazel asked a while back (sorry Shanazel!) And I'm just getting to it.

There are two options. If the picture is already published on the internet, you can copy the url of the picture itself (to find the url of the picture - right click on the picture. A window will appear, select the link that says "properties" it's the last link in the window. You will see Address (URL) and it will look something like this http://forum.orientaldancer.net/images/buttons/reply.gif it will be an internet address ending in jpg, gif etc. So copy the entire address. When you are ready to post the picture, click the little icon that looks like a yellow stamp with two little mountains in it, it will say "Insert Image" when you mouse over it. Paste the url of the picture in the little box that pops up and click OK.

You can also upload pictures from your computer. Below the message field you type your posts in is another table that says "Additional Options", there you will find a button that says "Manage Attachments". Go ahead and click that button. A small window will open, it will have 5 fields with "browse" next to each. Click the browse button to locate the picture on your computer. Once you find it double click the picture and it will automatically appear in the field. You can upload up to five pictures I believe (in the seperate field boxes). When you are done, click the button that says "Upload". Done!

Yshka

Wow, I just found out lol. I just located the manage attachments button so I think I'll be allright:

Shanazel

Thanks, Salome. I will give this a try before too long and see what kind of mistakes I can make before getting it right!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.