Name something you bought this week!

Didi

Moon...

Of course it must hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry I didn't consider that. For what it's worth, I think you look lovely in your picture. Cultural biases can be very painful, as they pop up all over the place, over and over and over, until they begin to reverberate in your mind....I understand completely.

And don't worry about being bitchy. When a man responds sharply and directly to something he doesn't like, nobody calls him "bitchy." It's time we claimed our rights to say what we think without apologizing for it or diminishing it so it's less powerful or potentially threatening. No offense taken, I promise.

Didi

KuteNurse

Ok, because the weather was bad I went to the mall with my son and husband this afternoon for a while. I bought makeup base, clinique which I needed. Then I stopped at bath and body works and bought the new scent, pineapple shower gel and lotion. Then I met my husband and son at Barnes and Noble and I bought my son the new issue of Cycle magazine and I bought a new calendar and a cute little BD kit, called the art of belly dancing, it has simple directions for basic moves, 2 pair of zills and some henna stickers. Kinda fun and it cheered me up.

gwinity

I bought fishies for my tank. :)

(And then spend a mesmerising several hours watching the shark "charge" the newcomers)

Recnadocir

Do these pants make me look fat?

I just bought some girls tops on sale at Target (pronounced, "Tar-zhey"). I thought the girls could wear white pants with the tops for our trip to the mall to get surreptitious video footage on the carousel there. But I was informed that "we don't wear white pants, they make us look fat!"

Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about women...:rolleyes:

Moon

Didi said:
Of course it must hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry I didn't consider that. For what it's worth, I think you look lovely in your picture. Cultural biases can be very painful, as they pop up all over the place, over and over and over, until they begin to reverberate in your mind....I understand completely.

And don't worry about being bitchy. When a man responds sharply and directly to something he doesn't like, nobody calls him "bitchy." It's time we claimed our rights to say what we think without apologizing for it or diminishing it so it's less powerful or potentially threatening. No offense taken, I promise.

Didi

Thanks Didi :)

wordygirl

what i bought

On Saturday, I bought a gorgeous kuchi style tribal anklet from Cleopatra's Closet in Alexandria, VA. I can't WAIT to wear it out.

Reen.Blom

Didi
Well said!

slinks

I've been on a shopping spree .. I bought ..
a harem pant and top set (mustard colour)
choli (red velvet)
veda sereem dvds (6 - 2 of which were not fantastic)
2 MEmusic cds
my sons b'day gift
and some organza fabric to make two semi circular veils with

Zurah

(Yay, Slinks is back! Where on earth have you been?)

I feel so proud of myself... lately I have bought only sensible essential stuff like food and medicines. I must get my act together in order to save for my dream home :D .

KuteNurse

Cool Moon! I have not bought anything today except for a bottle of water. I need more hair gel, but I work a weird shift today, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Reen.Blom

I bought a hair mask which turned out to be unsuitable for my hair- leaves it dry and tangled- it is called "Moisture Soak"... yuck...

KuteNurse

Ackkk! You never know what you are buying when it comes to hair products until you try it out. Good luck Reen! Let me know if you find something good...I am always up for hair products.

DOH! I just spent too much money on a bike rack for the top of my car. Now I have to buy the locks so it doesn't get stolen.

TribalDancer

this thread cracks me up. I can't believe I am posting!

Okay, Old Navy. I bought ANOTHER black knit skirt, because I wear them tooo much! Great with everything! A cowl-neck shirt, a pair of shorts... I live in Old navy adn Target. I am pathetic.

Lydia

material and more material....and tribal jewelry there is looooooooooooots of in this country because afghanistan is just next door ....nice for belts for my girly,s in class!!!

KuteNurse

Cool Lydia! You are so lucky to be so close! I have only been out of the house to take the doggie out...But I am buying my son a new pair of cycling shorts because he says his are too tattered to wear in a race. He has clothing on order, but it will be a while before we get it. Also the locks for the bike rack. ThankGod for husbands to help pay!

charity

i bought beads and yarn to make a tribal belt. a first attempt, but i am uncreative and already stumped as to how to make it.

i bought another parking ticket, ARGH.