Name something you bought this week!

Shanazel

Is today fathersday?!

It is in the USA. To celebrate, my husband took off on a week long motorcycle trip!

I bought artist stretcher bars, a heat gun, glue gun, and material to make stencils and stamps with- I am taking a fabric painting class next weekend.

KuteNurse

Hmmm...Cleaning supplies lol Lysol tub and tile cleaner for the bathroom, windex for the windows, laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener, and paper towels...lol I have been cleaning for company that is to come on Monday:D

Kiraze

I bought yesterday a big bunch of orchids to celebrate midsummer as that was the closest thing to get natural flowers to home as there is no place to go to collect wild flowers

KuteNurse

Darn bugs is right! The mosquitoes are awful here from all the rain we had. I pre-registered my son for his races that are today and tomorrow.

Moon

I bought earrings, a hair stick and a skirt that is actually a top :think: (weird fashion... why would you wear a top that has the shape of a skirt?)

slinks

lol, Moon fashion !!!

I have not bought anything exciting this week but am waiting for the mail lady to bring me what I bought the week before last :) just a couple of DVDs...

I am going to take my mother in-law out this week to get some new picture frames for her photos, her frames are ancient (yuk) lol, need to get better ones to put on the walls for her, I think I'll get her a little book shelf too, she has some books but they're shoved under the bed cos my book shelf is chock full !!

Rajanni

finger cymbols

I purchased my first set of zils/zagats yesterday at a Meditteranean festival. I am so excited to start learning to play!:dance:
Also while there I bough beef shawarma...Delicious!

slinks

yesterday when I went to get groceries !! *sigh* couldn't believe the price !! ye gads .. what the devil is going on here .... auhg grrrr, I actually said to the girl are you sure about that, yep, there it was in black and white almost every item I bought was over 5 dollars, unbelievable !!!

gisela

Super Moderator
I bought 25 kilos of plaster at my school, in case I want to cast something during summer, haha.

Oh, and delicious baklava, yummy.

slinks

oh boy, I've seen some people casting models of themselves, twice in fact, one was on this "emergancy show" where they called in the fire brigade (SP??) to get this plaster off this poor girls chest !!! and the other was on "Funny home videos" where a woman was trying to get it off his face !! hammer and chisel, lol .... So be warned, try not to get the urge to fossilise yourself !!

gisela

Super Moderator
Don't worry :D I know what I'm doing. I have a five year long art education where I've mostly been using plaster. But thanks for the concern. You can get seriously burned if you put too much plaster on your body, since it develops heat in the hardening process. Those people would have needed A LOT of vaseline on the skin before casting themselves in. Hammer and chisel... ssss:rolleyes: (but also :lol:)

slinks

Yes Gisela .. it was funny .. I was horrified when she got the hammer and chisel and she was giggling her head off which in turn was very contagious !! I guess that is how it made it to the funny home video show :-D

Yesterday I bought (or had arrived in my mailbox) 3 new BD cds :)

Lydia

I went to the souk and got stones...and more stones!!! i am addicted to stones,got some coral today and amber realy nice ...so i can make some more jewelry .... i do that if i have a bit of ,,spare,, time my home is full of stones ,shells, cristals ,fossils you name i just cant kick that habbit!! but it is so pretty llaallalalaallaallaalla have a great day Lydia