Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Aubre!! God, I love her! She's incredible. If you like the Suhaila format, give me a day or so and I'll send you the drills she gave us. There aren't really any videos out there that cover anything more than what you would learn on the Fitness Fusion dvds (that's been my complaint with teh Tribal Fusion dvds available -- it's all Suhaila Level 1 stuff!) Michelle's covers a few cute layers.

Basic stuff, like layer glute squeeze lifts with every hip move, and layer undulations (both ways) with all the hip work. Layer the hip work on top of travelling steps. Layer chest slides and locks up and down with glute squeezes and hip work. Really, just write down all your basic hip and chest isolations, add in undulations and reverse undulations, and pick any 2 to layer!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got Belly Dance Abs with Neon from the Belly Dance Store. I gave it a go and it was nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered:

"Rachel Brice: Bellydance Arms and Posture"

and

"Contemporary Bellydance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah"

They are scheduled to arrive on Friday 11/16/07

(The next purchase will probably be zills or veil instructional dvd's but that will probably be a few months away.....)

Post Thanks / Like

I really ike Ariellah's one....

Hey my zill one will be prolly Ansuya's zill dvd..... and zills....lol

Post Thanks / Like

ACK! they didn't ship until the 16th so they won't be here until Tuesday (20th) or Wednesday (21st)- - I want them before the holiday weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Q=tip dont forget to tell about your impressions!

*hug*

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Farasha, google "Dancer's Arms by Arana" there is I don't own the dvd but I read a good review about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep in mind that I am a beginner and do not have access to an instructor at this time. I have not taken any classes and my only source of instruction is this website, youtube and the DVD's that I have purchased. (Some of you are cringing & I'm sorry about that)

With that having been said:

****HERE IS MY REVIEW OF****

Contemporary Belly Dance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah

The DVD gives you a lot of options, there is a short and full yoga warm-up. Yoga is yoga.

Pressed for time? Go for the short warm-up and then off to the drills of your choice.

Already warmed up and need to drill? Just pick the drills of your choice and shimmy on.

• She explains each movement in enough detail that I can close my eyes and probably get it right.
    • She explains where your feet should be, where the weight is distributed, where your arms should be as well as other body posture(s) but not in a manner that is overly repetitive.
    • She gets just a tad off balance once or twice but to me that means that she isn't perfect and neither am I. (I know that it's harder to do some of this stuff slowly.)
    • She drills each movement independently. (I can pick what I need to work on.)
    • She drills each movement slowly and then increases speed. (I can stay in slow mode if I need to)
    • She shows you combinations of the movements that were drilled by doing one movement at a time and explaining how to transition to the next movement. (I'm a clutz so this is helpful)

The camera does change angles here and there but normally she is the one that moves to show you the movement specifics.

The music doesn't overpower you or distract from the movements. It's loud enough but not too loud.

She does 3 different performances in which you get to see each movement and how she layers them.

Main Menu

Drill Sub Menu

Song List

Album Information

If you need a drill video - I recommend this DVD.
    If you need a little extra practice or a brush up - I recommend this DVD.
    If you have a student who needs a little extra practice - I recommend this DVD.
    If you are already an expert you will probably hate this video.

It's my newbie opinion that every Belly Dance student should have this in his/her arsenal.

I think it was worth my money.

I guess I've rambled on long enough...........

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep in mind that I am a beginner and do not have access to an instructor at this time. I have not taken any classes and my only source of instruction is this website, youtube and the DVD's that I have purchased. (Some of you are cringing & I'm sorry about that)

With that having been said:

****HERE IS MY REVIEW OF****

Bellydance Arms & Posture - Rachel Brice

The DVD gives you a lot of options, the yoga warm up(s) are very thorough. Yoga is yoga. (I thought the warm up should be shorter, however, a thorough warm-up can prevent injuries so I understand why emphasis is placed on it.)

There is a cool down sequence but again yoga is yoga.

Already warmed up and need to drill? Just pick the drills of your choice and coil away.

• She explains each movement in detail.
    • She explains where each upper body part is and where it should be pointed. Body posture(s) is reinforced but not in a manner that is overly repetitive.
    • She drills each movement independently. (I can pick what I need to work on.)
    • She drills each movement slowly and then increases speed on some. (I can stay in slow mode if I need to)
    • She shows you combinations of the movements that were drilled by doing one movement at a time and explaining how to transition to the next movement. (I'm a clutz so this is helpful)

The music doesn't overpower you or distract from the movements. It's loud enough but not too loud or too weird.

IMO Her perfomance video is entirely too short. I love to watch her dance so it could have been an 20 min long and it would still be too short.

Her interview was also too short, but alas it's an exercise video and not a documentory or is that shimmymentory?

Main Menu

Chapter Selection

Chapter Detail List for Chapter 2

Chapter Detail List for Chapter 3

If you need a drill video for your shoulders and arms - I recommend this DVD.
    If you need a little extra practice or a brush up - I recommend this DVD.
    If you have a student who needs a little extra arm practice - I recommend this DVD.
    If you are already an expert you will probably hate this video.

My arm movements look horrible and are not very fluid so I think a drill video for just arms/shoulders was worth my money.

All in all I think that the money I spent for the 2 dvd's that I've reviewed was worth it. I just have to pop them in and press play.

I don't have any belly dancers close so I can't 'borrow' a dvd to see if I would like it before buying. The snippits that you see on youtube or on amazon don't really tell a newbie what they need to know.They also don't have BD dvd's at my library and so far the inter-library loans haven't come through. So the only option I have is buying them and I HATE buying a DVD only to learn that it's not very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Q-tip, this is awesome!!! Thanks for the review! Based on this, I may actually get Rachels' dvd. LOVE the screen shots! Thank you!!!!!!!!