Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Hey KuteNurse!

Yep I have Basics and Beyond of Jenna and I love it, It is really good for posture and explanations of the moves- great value for money!

Also I really love her Heartbeat of Bellydance, with 3 levels of drum solo choreos and explanation of Rythms!

I will be definitly buying her next DVD on Spins and Layers! ANd as I already told in the thread, she is a sweety, cos I ordered from her site but one of the DVDs got pinched in the mail (they do it all the time, this time they stole my birthday parcel my friend sent me!), so she sent me a replacemet for free with her Autograph! YAY Janna RRROCKS!
    Her DVD's are by far my favorite so far. I will have to get her Heartbeat of BD and her new one that isn't out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay I was watching the new one for almost a year... I think it was supposed to be out in December, but now at least there is a trailer on youTube! Hey I am a big fan, so I will be definitly ordering from her site again, but it will only happen in a couple of months... I really love her clear explanations and the quality material of her DVDS!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Heartbeat of Belly dance and I love it. I love Jiliannia 3 level dvds and The legends of belly dance 1947 - 1976. I ordered Rania 4 dics and they are more areobic than belly dance..very dissappointed then I got Amercian Belly dancer. Now that is a waste of time. No dancing all talk about how they got the superstars on the map. If Icould sell it I would .To get the dvds to SA costs a fortune what with the exchange rate and then hope it does not get nicked..grrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

I've just gotten Amaya's Gypsy Fire part II which is great fun to dance along with (although my lounge room isn't designed for dancing around in a full gypsy skirt!)

I also got East Coast Tribal & Tribal Fusion NYC because I've always wanted to try tribal fusion & no-one in my area does it. I like them both, especially the East Coast Tribal - the drills are really helpful & I love the combinations she teaches. I think the NYC one has a bit more talk and less 'meat' in it - there are only 4 combinations and one of them is really short - but I really liked her performance at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a beginner, and have been practicing with Neena and Zeena, I have belly dance for fitness, basic moves and fat burning, and beyond basics dance - I have watched both of them, and have only been working out to basic moves, which I love. I need to work my way up to the other ones!

Post Thanks / Like

anybody familiar with "upbeat beledi patterns with shamira"? just want to know if it's worth investing in, or if it's at least a reputable instructor.

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Mya, I think you are a little advanced for the Upbeat Beledi from Shamira.

The combinations consist of step-hip and hip lift lift lift variations, and some of the figure 8's moving the side step.

One thing that annoyed me about these combos is that they don't really accent the so-called Beledi beat, which is what I thought they were supposed to do. Many what she's doing is Raqs Beledi and these are combos she thinks fit that category. I dunno. But if you've been dancing over a year, I don't think you'll get much out of this dvd. She only teaches 5 combos, and they aren't THAT long, and they're very repetitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Aziyade, by Raqs Beledi, you mean the folk-type dance yes? because i'm actually trying to gain a better understanding of just that.
    i look at alot of Maria Aya and Chryssanthi's beledi video's on youtube and i do love it and think it's beautiful, i just have no one here who can teach me or demonstrate it so i can actually see what the moves are and how they're used for this particular style.
    i'm trying at least to find a dvd or two that might help me to understand it a little bit better until i can get a real live instructor for it.
    How about Shareen el Safy's dvd?

Shareen el Safy Instructional Videos

Anybody wanna teach a beledi workshop at Brea's festival in July?!!?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's what I mean by Raqs Beledi, but I DON'T think the Shamira dvd actually teaches what anyone would recognize as Raqs Beledi, nor does it really cover combos for the Beledi rhythm. If she were to retitle the video "Basic Combinations for Beginners" I think that would describe it much better. But that's just my opinion.

Shareen el Safy is my hero, but I don't think Beledi Drum Solo is about Raqs Beledi either. The choreo is to Shik Shak Shok, and athough the movements are adorable, the choreo doesn't SCREAM Raqs Beledi. It's more Raqs Sharqi to me. Again, just my opinion.

Supposedly World Dance New York is going to have a beledi Instructional dvd out soon, and Ruby Jazayre is supposed to be a beledi style dancer, so you might check out her choreography dvd, but I can't say for certain if it's true Raqs Beledi.

Does that help any?

Post Thanks / Like

of course it does! i was just going by the descriptions of the dvd's online - since i have no personal experience with it and i'm not familiar with alot of these instructors or their dvds i need others' guidance so i don't waste my time and my money - the average dvd costs me over $200 so i can't afford to be buying blindly.
    i guess i'll have to wait for that world dance new york dvd!