Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aziyade

it's up above, i keep editing and adding to the same post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVDs:

Aida Nour Workshops
    Shareen El Safy
    Raqia Hassan
    Yasmina Ramzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Aida Nour Workshops
    Shareen El Safy
    Raqia Hassan
    Yasmina Ramzy
    And what you think of them, Tammy? It is nice to read the dancer's reviews....

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what is out there for the arms...

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Raqia Hassan's first tape and two workshops. The very first tape is more of a teaching one with actual instruction rather than the later ones which are real flashy and harder to follow.
    Aida Nour's workshops are the follow the leader type but have some really good things.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video reprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    And you know, sometimes if you revisit a video later it might make more sense to you.
    This is so true. I had the Lavish Layers d.v.d. by Ansuya, and it was so beyond me when I first bought it that I thought, I just wasted my money. But I went back to it about a month ago, and it's fantastic and I'm starting to be able to actually do it. I think the difference is that when I first tried it, my isolations were still really shoddy and beginner-level, and you can't layer if you aren't fairly comfy with the muscle memory. You almost have to be able to automate both movements, the shimmy and the isolation, to put them together without going all stiff and uncoordinated. Or at least I do...

I had this experience with a class, too. Took a class that really kicked my butt, wrote down lots of notes after every class, and then practiced every single move for about three months. When I took the class again, it was wonderful and I learned a lot. (I am older than a lot of the dancers, so I think it takes me extra time to get the moves. Practicing for a week on sth brand new just does not cut it for me.)

Didi

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tammy see you're in Mobile...I was down back in February to see Aziza perform.

Post Thanks / Like

Jillina 1, 2 & 3: I like that she includes a good warm-up section on them & there are several moves that are new to me, but for me she doesn't spend enough time & repetition on each move.

Dolphina's Goddess Workout - Finger Cymbals: She gets a bit too much into the Goddessy stuff for my taste, but if I recall (it's been a long time since I watched it), I think I did learn a couple different rhythms. Can do them OK standing still but still can't seem to keep it up when I start moving.

Finger Cymbals w/Ansuya: I like that she offers lots of repetition, but again, I'm getting tripped up trying to maintain the rhythm when moving. But I'm sure that's just me & not having enough time & privacy to practice without driving others insane. LOL!

Amira Mor - Bellydance Your Way to Your Soulmate: It's been a while since I've watched this one too, but I liked learning some new veil work. I can't do much of the floorwork due to bad knees.

Bellydancing: The Sensuous Workout 2 w/Shamira: I liked this one & learned a few new combos.

I tried Neon's Bellydance for Body Shaping: Abs, but I hated it. Didn't care for the music, she didn't explain things well at all, and the graphics didn't help me at all. And I couldn't stand that short little fitness guy (LOL) making stupid comments on the side. The one thing I did like about it was the section where it explained about the different ab muscles & the movements that use them.

Heartbeat of Bellydance w/Jenna & Raquy: I love this one! Jenna does a great job of breaking down the moves & providing plenty of repetition, along with two great shimmy drill sections. And Raquy provides a demo of several different rhythms.

Hot Combinations w/Ansuya: Love, Love, LOVE it!! Ansuya does a wonderful job of explaining every part of each combination & provides lots & lots of repetition. My only complaint is that I wish the combos were grouped together by level of difficulty so it would be easier to practice & learn the easier ones first & then move on to the more advanced ones. As it is, they're scattered in among each other so you have to fast-forward to find the combos you want to work on. I'm sure it would probably be much easier if I had the DVD instead of the VHS.

Post Thanks / Like

I have

The Bellytwins - Bellydance Fitness for Beginners Basic Moves & fat burning.

Rania - Bellydance fitness for weight loss hip drop hip hop & pure sweat.

I ordered this but it's not in yet: TheBellytwins 3 pack - Basic Moves, Beyond Basic & Mystic Dance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    I have

The Bellytwins - Bellydance Fitness for Beginners Basic Moves & fat burning.

Rania - Bellydance fitness for weight loss hip drop hip hop & pure sweat.

I ordered this but it's not in yet: TheBellytwins 3 pack - Basic Moves, Beyond Basic & Mystic Dance
    My dvd's came in the mail today and I'm watching the first one now

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast