Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't understand.....are these for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

I you mean my list: I still need them, not a sales list, just a review ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khalida View Post
    I you mean my list: I still need them, not a sales list, just a review ;-)
    oh sorry - i thought it was in the 'marketplace' forum. my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jillina's Shape up and Hip out DVD

Jillina's Shape up n' Hip out DVD 2008 release

I love the way this DVD has been put together and it definitely has become my favorite. The music is pleasant and not overpowering. In most cases I think the music fits the movements being performed.

She misses a few ques here and there so if you aren't watching the screen or counting the reps you won't change movements. Other than that the ques and transitions are good.

The breakdown of the movements are explained well and you do each movement in steps and then smooth them out. The same movements are drilled at each level but additional elements are added which increases the difficulty.

Introduction:
    Jillina explains why she creates this video and gives a little insight on her view of BD. She states that BD is for all shapes and sizes wether male or female. She also states that this video is for a beginner that wants to learn movements with lots of repetition or a pro who wants to drill, hone his/her skills and add passion and love to their dance.

Warm up:
    The warm up is a typical BD warm up.

Slow & Smooth - Level 1 Beginner
    You have the option of viewing this with Instruction and music or with music only. I reallylike this option because after a while I get irritated hearing the same thing over and over again. This is the current level that I use.
    Example:
    Camel is broken down into 4 parts and you practice doing each part and then smoothing it out and you also do the reverse camel.
    Hip drop is drilled w/o any kicks or arm movements.

Rhythm Hips - Level 2 Intermediate
    You have the option of viewing this with Instruction and music or with music only. I can do some of the several of the movements in this section but I have trouble transitioning between them quickly.

Camel is drilled and arm movements are added.
    Hip drop is drilled with a kick added.

Turbo Hips - Level 3 Advanced
    You have the option of viewing this with Instruction and music or with music only. I'm not ready for this level yet.

Camel is drilled w/arm movements while traveling.
    Hip drop is drilled w/kicks arm movements and you travel.

Cool Down:
    Typical cool down but she changed clothes and I thought that was a little odd.

Live Performance:
    There are several performances to choose from. Some are of Jillina and some are of other dancers from the video.

Behind the Scenes:
    Several behind the scene clips with Jillina and the other dancers. Doing hair, makeup etc..

More Jillina:
    This lists other dvd's by Jillina that are available.

Show Credits:
    Wardrobe by Hipalicious (I liked what they were wearing and the hipscarves are gorgeous!)

IMO:
    It's worth the $$ is is great for anyone who is learning at home.

Post Thanks / Like

i also have the shape up, and i really like it. i do all three, and you're definitely tired after! i still can't get a couple of the turns, so i just don't do them right now.

i have rachel brice's yoga isolations and drills, but it gets kinda boring. i do love the yoga warm-up though.

and i just got neon's Luscious, and i really like it. it's fun.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have ariellah's Contemporary Bellydance & Yoga Conditioning?

Post Thanks / Like

I do - I used this a lot for heavy drilling. There are 2 drills and a routine done twice (once to very weird soundtrack about a plane crash. Have decided I have finished with it cos I'm not a fusion dancer and I know need to drill more combinations and layers and so I haven't used this for a while. I also decided that I didn't need to drill fusion arms. Good for someone who wants to sharpen up - and if I wanted to do fusion, I guess I would still use it. I never got to grips with the combinations used in the routine so there is plenty to keep you going if fusion is your aim.
    I will be selling this for £12 including UK shipping

Post Thanks / Like

I got videos from Naema Akef (Tamra Henna film), Tahia Carioca (Khalli Balak Min Zouzou film), Nadia El Joundy (Bamba Kashar film), Farida Fahmy and Mahmoud Reda (Gharam fi alKarnak film)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    I do - I used this a lot for heavy drilling. There are 2 drills and a routine done twice (once to very weird soundtrack about a plane crash. Have decided I have finished with it cos I'm not a fusion dancer and I know need to drill more combinations and layers and so I haven't used this for a while. I also decided that I didn't need to drill fusion arms. Good for someone who wants to sharpen up - and if I wanted to do fusion, I guess I would still use it. I never got to grips with the combinations used in the routine so there is plenty to keep you going if fusion is your aim.
    I will be selling this for £12 including UK shipping

thanks a bunch! maybe i will end up fusion...right now i'm doing cab, but i really need to build muscle strength, and fusion arms do that quite well for me, so i think i wll go ahead and get it. too bad you're so far away or i'd buy it from you! the shipping would be quite a bit i think. and what did you think of the yoga?

Post Thanks / Like

I worry about trying to do that without proper instruction (and head down trying to follow instructions you can't see nio screen!). Better than Rachel Brice for that though. I don't use yoga to limber up unless it's on a vid.
    I like Luscious it's all BD moves and those big hip circles make you supple. BUT for preference I would warm up first (though usuallly don't as straight into hip circles they can be a bit stiff