Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking For Zay El Hawa

A newer but yet still classical version..... any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there is one by Sami Nossair orchestra that is quite beautiful, I dont know which cd it is on however. Ill try and find out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just recently been through the same mision, and performed it last weekend! I'm not a big fan of the sound of the Sami Nossair orchestra version as it's a big tinny, but it's on the 'beyond the dessert: classical Egyptian bellydance" CD.

My preferred version is George Al Rassy (sometimes spelled El Rassi or variations thereof) on his Jay Te'tezer album. He has an instrumental version of about 4 minutes, and a sung version of about 9 minutes! As neither were quite what I was looking for, I mixed the two of them together and put a short drum solo on the end to create I a 6 minute masterpiece! I'm hoping to youtube it as soon as i get a copy of the video.

Both albums are available to download from iTunes (I recommend both of them, even if the Sami Nossair one is a bit tinny imho, and the George al Rassy album is a great album too!)

It's a difficult song to find a 'perfect' danceable version, so would be intrigued to hear what you come up with! I absolutely adore the song!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ladies!

I"ll try them all!

Samia