Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harem pants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harem pants

does anyone here like to dance in harem pants?I see them on some dancers and think they look beautiful

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Only in classes ^_^. I've got a black pair with gold accents and green with silver accents.

Post Thanks / Like

I danced in one on my performance (we had to). I borrowed it so it was not exactly my size and it was a very warm one. I think they look quite nice and they're comfortable but at this moment I prefer skirts.

Post Thanks / Like

I like harem pants, but haven't worn them in a performance as yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default for me

hi all

thankx for your feedback,i have some coming for my upcoming performance.
    also I have a big chest!!So I have a velvet indian bellytop to go with them,then my hip scarf and veil.

I want to be comfortable and confident.

I have seen one dancer perform in them,so I feel good about it.
    the skirts look amazing,though i have a bit more weight loss to go before i can wear one!!

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all! I have also always preferred skirts for performances. I like the effect that the edge of the skirt gives when moving. But recently the advanced students of my previous studio made dark red/gold costumes with harem pants+bra and a net dress with a narrow square scarf over it. And it looked really good... and much more convenient, when it comes to windy outdoor performances

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder where the harem pants originated? I haven't seen a lot of dancers from the middle east or North Africa performing, only 2 performances for tourists (1 in Turkey and 1 in Tunisia) and none of those dancers wore harem pants.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear harem pants under my skirts for a performance. I only wear them alone for class, and then only if I am taking the class and not teaching it.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I've worn harem pants in a performance once--with a hip scarf. I like them fine, but I don't like this "one size fits all" thing you usually get with them. The pants I have are okay, but really I'd like them to be about three inches shorter. But they only had the one size in that color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I wonder where the harem pants originated? I haven't seen a lot of dancers from the middle east or North Africa performing, only 2 performances for tourists (1 in Turkey and 1 in Tunisia) and none of those dancers wore harem pants.
    I believe they were normal 18th and 19th century wear for both sexes in Turkey, and possible elsewhere. So they are one of the few "authentic" costume elements in modern bellydance costuming.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast