Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival In Cairo

Hasna

me and my friend are going to cairo on june 23rd and i need help. if anyone knows when does the festival starts and where can i purchose tickets? and please can anyone help me search nour or other good teacher for individual class in cairo? need contact with teacher!:(
thx!
bye
Hasna;)

Maria_Aya

Hi there Hasna !!!
I'm gonna be already at Cairo for the NileGroup festival that starts at the 18 June till 24, I'm leaving Cairo 26 morning so for sure we can all catch up together. (i'm gonna be at the Pyramissa hotel)

Nour is teaching on the 23 June from 1.15 to 4.15 at the NileFestival (she is from the teachers of the festival) an Oum Kalthoum choreo, the workshop is 3 hours and I think around 30 or 35 euro per person.
If you will be at Cairo, dont miss it, but you have to e-mail dance@nilegroup.net Suzane for booking (names, number of students etc).

For me one of the best teachers for western dancers is Liza Laziza, she does more teqnical than choreo's but give the essense of the dance and she is great for small groups also.

Now beside her I would say for folk Mohamed Shahin but he is arriving on Cairo from NY on the 26th (grrr just to miss him).

For sure we have to meet, after all we are orientaldancersssssssssss

Kisses Maria Aya :D

Last edited:

Hasna

Maria Aya THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D :clap:
for all the help and informations.
me and djamila are looking for good classes at the festival.
where can i get tickets for the opening night or any other nights?
if i can, i would like to give you my mobile number so we can meet at the festival or i will look up for you at your hotel?
we are acctually staying in sharm el sheik but we will stay for a few days at my friend in cairo just to see the festival :D
i will write to mrs. suzane for the classes.
thanks again maria!;)
hasna

Hasna

Maria Aya,
i will probably miss Nour's workshop because we will arrive to sharm el sheik on 23rd of june. so can you tell me, where can i see and read the whole program of the festival, so i can choose the right timing for workshops?
p.s. when is Liza Laziza's workshop?
tnx again!

Maria_Aya

Hi there again:)
First i think that i have to clear the thing with the festivals.
There are 2 festivals at Cairo that time
NileGroup from 18 to 24 June and Ahlan wa sahlan I think it starts at 28 or something like that for a week also. Total unrelative both of them.
For the NileGroup since you will be there at the 24 that is the closing night you cant buy tickets or something, its for the participants of the festival only.

For Ahlan wa Sahlan I dont know more info.

Liza's workshop is at 19 June (so you miss it) but you can contact her throu e-mail (ask at dance@nilegroup.net her e-mail, ot arrange a group lesson other time)

Maria Aya
p.s. yep send me your mobile at privite message

Tuija

liza can also be contacted by SMS to 00(2)0123669734 or lizalaziza at hotmail dot com. Say hello from Tuija from Finland.

leila_yu

Hi neighbours! :) (I am writing from Serbia)

I just wanted to drop you an email on which you can contact Nour.It is yasserallama@hotmail.com.She is absolutely gorgeous, as a dancer, as a teacher and as a person.I hope you will do lesson with her.
More information you can find on her website: Nour
Hugs from Belgrade

leila_yu

Well, actually I don't know so much..I am faithful to Nile group festival, because people who are there really care about the dance and they are giving all they can to make your stay unforgettable.
I heard lot of negative comments about Ahlan wa sahlan festival, which is much more expensive and less quality, but it is just other people's words, since I haven't visited it.Even my first teacher who was attending that festival for several years doesn't want to go any more, she is going to Nile group.
If you need additional information about Ahlan wa sahlan, I suppose that you can find it on Raqia Hassan's website, because she is the organiser of that festival.Her web is Flash Intro.
I wish you good luck and if you go, drop us some comments!
Happy dancing! :)

Last edited:

Hasna

hey laila!
thank you for your oppinion, I really appreciate that. Unfortunately i've heard for both of festival earlier this year (never heard for it before in mylife sadly!) and unfortunately i am arriving to cairo on 24th of june so i will miss nilegroup festival. i wrote to miss raqia and she nicely repllied to my e-mail and she told me every needed information. so i will attend ahlan wa sahlan on 26th of june. hoppefully i will see some good workshops!:dance:
i will write about my experiences when i return!:)
have a lovely day!
p.s. can anyone tell me where can i find cheap hotel for one or two days i ncairo (because i will stay at sharm el sheik-my vacation!)
salam!:D
Hasna