Hello from North Carolina

rehema

Hey Everybody:
I started beginner's belly dance classes last Fall and loved it! This session I am taking two classes back to back and have four dances I will perform in our recital: a pop dance, veil dance, cane dance, and tray dance. I am also starting to perform with the class at local events.

For next session I am signed up for the Egyptian Folkloric class
(Melaya Luff, Fellahin & Haggalah) and Sword & Feather Fans class. You can view my belly dance class here.

I look forward to visiting this forum.

KuteNurse

Welcome! Good for you, it sounds like you are enjoying your dancing. I hope you will enjoy this forum as much as I do. HINT: the games are the best! lol
Happy Posting.:D

charity

yay, i'm in boone, a transplant from fayetteville, and before that MO. welcome.

i've seen your website when i was on a desperate attempt to find a bellydance instructor.

have fun here.

rehema

Thanks Everyone! I am enjoying having this place to come and meet with others who love belly dance!
Robin

da Sage

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like belly dance is booming in North Carolina!:cool: How is your local scene?

charity

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like belly dance is booming in North Carolina!:cool: How is your local scene?

oh i almost fell off my chair,:lol: i wish it was. i have 2 teachers to choose from. one is over an hour away (i chose this one) and the other is in town but is quite new to belly dance.

i'm also very interested in knowing how the scene is in newton.

i have considered moving somewhere else just so that i can pursue more options in belly dance.

i have heard that the troupe out of asheville is hella good. this makes me worry cause i have researched one girl from asheville. she was offering private lessons and i was disappointed when i saw her video performances.

oh well. i am curious though where the best place to learn belly dance would be, in america. i'm thinking florida/california and perhaps st. louis. at least they have a lot of options.

Yshka

Hi there Rehema, and welcome to the forum! Seems like you'll be taking a really great class for the next period.:D
Good luck with the recital and your bellydance course! happy dancing and posting,

Iris