Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for all of the great ideas!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I love hair it all looks good i think...one of my personal faves when summer dancing is to wrap it up with a long peice of material like a turban....goes well with the traditional a-line egyptian costumes...

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea Elly-Beth. For wrapping my hair in Egyptian style folklore dance I usually wear something like a muslem headscarf or small veil of some kind.
    Never tried a turban but I might, to see how it looks

I'll stick with small hairclips (like the way I wear my hair in the avatar) to keep my hair out of my face. My hair is ultra-sticky when lipgloss/lipstick is involved

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I have long curly and really wild hair and I canīt do anything with my hair, so they are always in my eyes when I dance. But on the other side I donīt like my hair in tail. Who will be sooooo nice and give me some advice?
    Thanx a lot !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gabriella, you could use a headband(the sparklier the better )to pull your hair back out of your ace. Turban is also a good idea too.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

I like wearing my hair loose when dancing as I feel better and more into dancing. The only problem for me is that I hate my hair- its so curly doesnt lie flat.

And just reading your post, Gabriella, It seems we have a similar problem

The thing is about using a headband, yes it does keep my hair out of my face but if my hair all goes back it really doesn't complement, at least with, me. It just gets even bigger and wilder but only behind my head- just doesn-t look good.

Usually when I am fed up with my hair I make a small bun usuing the front bits of my hair and tie it up quite high. That way my hair is still out at the back and sides, just not in my face and it doesn't look so bad as tying it up alltogether...

Post Thanks / Like

I hate wearing it loose when I dance, but it is expected. People are so disappointed when I have it up, I like to put it in a bun with all flowers in it. Wearing it loose is just a pain, it gets tangled in my bra and belt and it is hard to change my costume after a performance because of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ojojooooj Louise, big problem we have the same !!! (Thanx for the advices which you wrote me all), but I have one thing more. I was made shopping yesterday and I saw in one shop something for our really wild curls with sparkly effect without gluing the hair. Itīs a little pink bottle - Līoreál Paris - Hot curl. I have tried it and the effect was quite good (finally I donīt look like witch )

And also I have thought about some turban, but I havenīt tried yet how to make it. Could you please write me how to make the turban and what I need to do that? Thanx a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Wild curls... oh, you don't know how romantic that sounds to a straight haired girl.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Shanazel

Donīt worry, my dear, Shanazel, read my previous advice, it is also for straight haired girls !!! So one universal stuff for wild and also straight hair. You need only wet hair ( ), that little pink bottle with magic liquid and .... I really donīt know how to say in english (due to the fact that Iīm from Slovakia), however, you use it when you want to dry your hair (it makes hot air ) You have to lean forward, splash the liquid on your hair and after that only dry, dry, dry .... or you can use gofer also.

Have fun, I keep you fingers crossed !!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast