Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharmine View Post
    Ah, you know what they say: Men grow more conservative with age, women more outrageous. Or something like that.
    I think I need to find me a man who is getting more conservative!! Mine says 'do what you want with your hair' but then cringes at the cost everytime I go to the hairstylist!!

My hair is fine, curly, lots of it and definitely going grey. I dream of having thick, straight, white hair... but when you don't have it yourself, there are always wigs!!! I have three!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey now, I want curly....LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hairstyles

There is no need to wear loose as this won't give any change to you. I think long hairstyles give a good attraction and they will show you the way that you would like to look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Any other short haired dancers out there? What do you do with it for performances?
    Yes, I'm a crop-top too. I danced flamenco before I danced belly dance, and struggled for ages with long hair - which didn't suit me and was a lot of work! In the end, I decided it was crazy to be unhappy with my hair all week, for the sake of the one or two hours a week I was performing. So I cut it all off, and bought a fake bun.

A bun is traditional for flamenco but it's too severe for belly dancing. I also found a hairpiece didn't really work because there's too much head movement - it bounces and looks really fake. So I've now bought a full wig in my natural colour. It can be a bit hot, but no worse than a hairpiece plus the big scarf/headband I had to wear to cover the join.

You can get wigs quite cheaply on eBay - I have some listed on my website.

Post Thanks / Like

My natural colour is grey. Don't konw what colour wuold suit me now. Probably not the dark brown i THINK my hair used to be!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hairstyles

Blonde hairstyles have more craze in present hairstyle industry. Good article.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

I like my hair any way that I see fit. I love the big flower look with flowing dresses , I love the long haired look with romantic styles, I love the braided look with folkloric dancing, I love the buns thing with flowers or tribal headdress I mean I am not critical And neither should you be, Become your dance become what you are putting out. Are you the flower in the desert? Are you the forbidden fruit? Are you a Goddess? Are you from a time long ago? Are you mysterious ? Are you a snake incarnate? Become your dance and make the dicision according to how you feel and what you are putting out in that dance ,,, There are no mistakes really. Just Have A Good Time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hairstyles

I want to change my hairstyle. I am getting bore with my present hairstyle. I have short hair and i want to make long wavy hair. Any suggestions please.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to have my hair go with my costume if possible.

I think there is nothing worse than someone in a gorgeous costume and dancing well but they ruin it by wearing fuzzy permed old lady hair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divinemsp View Post
    I try to have my hair go with my costume if possible.

I think there is nothing worse than someone in a gorgeous costume and dancing well but they ruin it by wearing fuzzy permed old lady hair.
    How about fuzzy, non-permed old lady hair?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast