Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles

Post Thanks / Like

Naturally fuzzy hair is tres tres chic. I adore the way it just floats around like it has a life of its own. Seriously- us stick straight hair girls are impressed all to hell with hair that does anything but hang.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I was talking more about the old lady hairstyles like Mama on Mama's Family or the outdated big 80s perms.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin thanks, Shanazel!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Naturally fuzzy hair is tres tres chic. I adore the way it just floats around like it has a life of its own. Seriously- us stick straight hair girls are impressed all to hell with hair that does anything but hang.
    You just made my day! *hugs!*

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer my hair down. i cut my hair short tho for some dumb reason =( it has grown past my shoulders but im getting impatient. im getting Hairdo extentions (Ken Paves/Jessica Simpson). I tried the 19" ebony layered one and it looks so real! model's hair lol. Definitely getting it when I go back to belly dance classes. Oh and I also need it for the beauty pageant thingo that I have to do =P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolesregan View Post
    I want to change my hairstyle. I am getting bore with my present hairstyle. I have short hair and i want to make long wavy hair. Any suggestions please.

Bolesregan: Hair extensions!

Post Thanks / Like

Or use a wig. Or let your own hair grow again, but that will take a bit longer

Post Thanks / Like

How have I missed this thread for so long? I LOVE talking about hair!

I've cut my hair SHORT a couple of times (due to hairdresser mishaps which I've had no choice but to remedy in that way - why doesn't anyone know how to cut thick curly hair properly???), but probably won't do so again because I find it takes way more effort/product/time to style thick short hair. That being said I really love some short looks.

Now my hair is long and a bit layered and almost down to my elbows. I always wear it down and natural (oh and BIG) when dancing and sometimes pin the front/sides back so they're not getting trapped in my earrings/lipgloss/mouth/etc. I think I'll keep growing it until it's elbow length, which means fending off hairdressers that want to layer it more and more to 'bring out the curl'!

In my professional life though sometimes I consider that cutting my hair shorter might be useful. As a 26-year old dealing with career white-collar types sometimes I think if I had short hair I might appear older and be taken more seriously. But then I remember the pain of growing it out and settle for professional looking braids/knots/updos instead whenever I have meetings, interviews or presentations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maylynn View Post
    How have I missed this thread for so long? I LOVE talking about hair!

I've cut my hair SHORT a couple of times (due to hairdresser mishaps which I've had no choice but to remedy in that way - why doesn't anyone know how to cut thick curly hair properly???), but probably won't do so again because I find it takes way more effort/product/time to style thick short hair. That being said I really love some short looks.

Now my hair is long and a bit layered and almost down to my elbows. I always wear it down and natural (oh and BIG) when dancing and sometimes pin the front/sides back so they're not getting trapped in my earrings/lipgloss/mouth/etc. I think I'll keep growing it until it's elbow length, which means fending off hairdressers that want to layer it more and more to 'bring out the curl'!

In my professional life though sometimes I consider that cutting my hair shorter might be useful. As a 26-year old dealing with career white-collar types sometimes I think if I had short hair I might appear older and be taken more seriously. But then I remember the pain of growing it out and settle for professional looking braids/knots/updos instead whenever I have meetings, interviews or presentations.
    I know what you mean about some hair stylists not knowing how to cut thick, curly hair properly. I did cut my own hair very short when I was about 38 (I went through a phase where I thought I needed to look more grown-up). It was fun for a short (no pun intended) while, but like you discovered, it was way too much upkeep than I was willing to take time with.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

It is all about the hair! lol I had the best hair day ever yesterday. I wish I could turn the clock back just one day! I have tried growing my hair out and it is just too thick and curly. I spend an endless amount of time everyday blow drying and straightening it everyday. My hair is about shoulder length right now. I do not think I would survive styling it everyday....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    It is all about the hair! lol I had the best hair day ever yesterday. I wish I could turn the clock back just one day! I have tried growing my hair out and it is just too thick and curly. I spend an endless amount of time everyday blow drying and straightening it everyday. My hair is about shoulder length right now. I do not think I would survive styling it everyday....
    KuteNurse, have you tried the new straightening irons that dry and straighten your hair at the same time? I have one and I really like it alot, though most of the time I wear my hair curly, because it's alot easier to simply dry it.

I'm trying to grow my hair back out - it's top of my shoulders now, but I want it back to at least mid back in length. I have pictures of myself dancing and it's just way too short. I think I've decided that I need to pin the front of my hair back when I dance though, just to look a bit more put together.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast