Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hairstyles

Should a dancerís hair always be worn loose, or is it acceptable to have it pulled back in some sort of hairstyle?

Post Thanks / Like

I like to wear mine loose, but thats just its very long and its a personal preference. Other dancers I know will wear their hair up or back and I think it also looks lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

well madeline,i was wondering the same!!

i think as long as it looks pretty and it feels good,then that is good.

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I think other hairstyles are ok too.
    I had my hair loose during my performance, but I always pull it back during class or when practicing at home. I don't like my hair laying on the ground during warm-ups and my room is always very warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Should a dancerís hair always be worn loose, or is it acceptable to have it pulled back in some sort of hairstyle?
    A dancer can wear her hair in any fashion that suits her Long, loose hair is a common 'style' among American style Oriental dancers. But partially pulled up, ponytail, french twist, bun, braid... short hair, medium length...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair

I wear my hair in braids, partially cornrowed in the front and single loose braids in the back. Most recently, I'm letting the ends of thr braids hang free. Braided hairstyle is so easy to maintain and versatile for cabaret or tribal performances
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the "wrong" hair for bellydance! In my pre BD days it was really long, but now it's ultra short - I've got nothing to swish or tousle sensuously!

But it's so much easier to look after now, and suits me better than long. Maybe I'll grow it a little bit and treat myself to a really OTT hairpiece! Not that any of it matters as I only dance for fun - I don't have to deal with anyone's expectations of what a belly dancer looks like.

Any other short haired dancers out there? What do you do with it for performances?

Post Thanks / Like

My hair is medium lenght but it is very very thin, so I got myself this long fabulous fake pony tail. The only problem is that it takes a bit of effort to set in place. Anyway, I think the pony tail is going to take a small vacation as I am dying to dye my hair... Guess it will be loose hair from there on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    I've got the "wrong" hair for bellydance! In my pre BD days it was really long, but now it's ultra short - I've got nothing to swish or tousle sensuously!

But it's so much easier to look after now, and suits me better than long. Maybe I'll grow it a little bit and treat myself to a really OTT hairpiece! Not that any of it matters as I only dance for fun - I don't have to deal with anyone's expectations of what a belly dancer looks like.

Any other short haired dancers out there? What do you do with it for performances?
    Quite a few dancers that I know wear wigs. I was surprised at how real they looked and how nice!

Post Thanks / Like

I have very thick hair, and I find wearing it loose for any length of time actually irritates the skin of my neck. If a high swishy ponytail is acceptable in my troupe, one guess how I'll be wearing my hair!

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast