Find Madeline McGann

Wiggly

I know many of you out there are Mums and Dads and your worst nightmare would be to have your child abducted, well this little girl has been.

Please look at the website Bring Madeleine Home
and read the text below. Unfotunately I don't know how to put in a picture but you will find one at this site above. You never know you might help find her.

>McCann.> Please read this message and pass it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!>> As you
>are
>aware my niece is still missing and I am asking everyone I know> to send
>this as a chain letter i.e. you send it to everyone you know and > ask>
>them to do the same, as the story is only being covered in Britain, Eire >
>and> Portugal. We don't believe that she is in Portugal anymore and
>and> need to
>get> her picture and the story across Europe as quickly as possible. >
>Suggestions> are? welcome.>>>> Phil McCann>

Thank you.

miss_shimmy

thankyou so much for bringing up this heart wrenching subject.

here is more info:

madelaine has a very distinctive eye..I know its a long shot,but sometimes long shots pay off.

Madelaine
has a very distinctive eye...when you see a little girl passing in the
street,every little girl...look more closely....

The UK is all talking about the disapperance of Madeleine Mccan, a
British 4 year old who was on holiday in Portugal with her family when
she was abducted on the 3rd of May this year. Her 4th birthday was only
yesterday. I know there are people on this community from all over the
world, so I want to ask that we all start thinking about Madeleine, and
that each of us uses our resources to look for her. Each one of us can help. Here's how:

If you live in Portugal or neighbouring Spain, or even other European countries (she may well have been moved):
• Look her up on the net, so you're familiar with her face and check
that image against any small child you see. Especially notice her
distinctive right eye, with a pupil that bleeds slightly into the iris.
(See pic above) Remember her appearance may have been changed by her
abductors, so look at all children very carefully, even those who look like boys. Be a pair of eyes looking out for her.
• Print out some posters and place them in public spaces, to keep her
face out there.

If you live in the U.S / UK / Australia / anywhere, you may still be able to help:
• If you visit online communties of anykind with members in Europe, make some noise on there about this. Cut
and paste what I said in the paragraph above. Point them to the
websites I've given links to here. Get them to put up posters and look
at children.
• If you have any connections in Europe (friends, collegues, family) tell them about Madeleine.

If none of the above options is availiable for you, please pray hard for her,as many already are.

prayer is action

It is so important that she's found. There's no point in denying the
odds of her being alive now are stacked against her, but there's always
a chance. And, even it's too late for her, her abductor(s) must be
found to prevent this happening to another child, and for her family it
would be better to know what's happened than to be wondering forever.

Let's create a ripple effectto tell as many people as we know about Madeleine, so there are even
more eyes looking out for her. That's just what positive, loving people
like us are good at, right?

what if it was you daughter?your niece....your sister...your friend...

thankyou for reading this post and reaching out

namaste

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maria_Aya

It is just terrible, hope the girl is safe in her health first of all. And stay health.
I dont want to seem pesimist but there are no many hopes ....

Babylonia

Everyone (except her father) gave up on Elizabeth Smart and she was alive. So even though the odds are against her there is a chance. :pray:

miss_shimmy

Indeed.Hope is what is carrying her parents through..thius mornings papers showed the last picture of her taken 7 hours before she was missing,it breaks my heart even writing about it to think of how it must be for her parents to look.
a woman had sighted her in Morocco,a small drop of hope...

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wiggly

Thanks for your input, I did think twice before posting this, after I recieved the email from my Aunt because things like this can be contraversial despite the fact that it shouldn't be. I'm so glad I did and the fact that you are supporting it.

It is the only way the information can be spread far and wide.

I agree with you, there might not be much hope but so long as there is a glimmer, it is enough.

Wiggly

miss_shimmy

I know what you mean,I thought about posting it,I didnt,then I saw you had((hugs)).

all i think is...what if it was my child?I would hope that people would hope and help.

love to madelaine,I pray that as I sit here writing she is safe at least...she must be missing her mummy and daddy so much,bless her heart.

Venefica

I will light a candle for the girl, praying for her safe return at my home altar. I hope she is alright.

miss_shimmy

World-wide Events to Mark 50th Day of Madeleine’s Abduction

Campaigners right across the world will this Friday mark the 50th day of Madeleine’s McCann’s abduction.

From sites across the UK and from centres as wide apart as Eastern Europe and South America, 50 green and yellow balloons will be launched as a symbol of hope and to spread the message of the four-year-old’s disappearance.

The central ceremony of the day will take place at 2pm on the beach at Praia da Luz – the Portuguese holiday resort where Madeleine was taken during a family vacation on May 3.

Madeleine’s parents Gerry and Kate McCann will release balloons carrying a photograph of their daughter and contact details for people with information to pass on to the police.

At other centres well-wishers will mark the day in different ways. Fifty doves will be released above the city of Ventura in California and campaigners in Afghanistan will follow local tradition by flying 50 kites.

“Fifty days have passed and our daughter is still missing and we are still searching,” said Gerry and Kate.

“The response to our request for events on the 50th day has been overwhelming,” said Gerry and Kate. “This global support gives us both strength and fresh determination to carry on our campaign.”

“It also means that on June 22 Madeleine’s image will be very visible from El Salvador to Poland.

“Everything we have done is to ensure that as many people as possible throughout the world know Madeleine’s story and can help to bring her home. Thanks to the support of hundreds of well-wishers this Friday Madeleine will be remembered world-wide.”

Other locations include:

Serra Cross (Grant Park, Ventura, California at noon)

Nigeria

India

Phillipines (San Pedro, Laguna at 10am)

Abu Dhabi

Tajikistan

Slovenia (Ljubljana Kocevje at 11am, balloons being released by children born the same year as Madeleine)

Romania

Afghanistan

pearl

I know many of you out there are Mums and Dads and your worst nightmare would be to have your child abducted, well this little girl has been.

Please look at the website Bring Madeleine Home
and read the text below. Unfotunately I don't know how to put in a picture but you will find one at this site above. You never know you might help find her.

>McCann.> Please read this message and pass it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!>> As you
>are
>aware my niece is still missing and I am asking everyone I know> to send
>this as a chain letter i.e. you send it to everyone you know and > ask>
>them to do the same, as the story is only being covered in Britain, Eire >
>and> Portugal. We don't believe that she is in Portugal anymore and
>and> need to
>get> her picture and the story across Europe as quickly as possible. >
>Suggestions> are? welcome.>>>> Phil McCann>

Thank you.

I feel sorry for Madeleine, really. But what parent leaves a young child alone in a holiday apartment in a foreign country? I wouldn't even leave my child alone at my own home!

miss_shimmy

Your love for Madeleine is crystal clear. We ARE still searching. The posters are still up here in spain and everyone iv spoken to is disgusted with the way you have been treated and the pure ignorance these police are showing. I carry one positive from all of this in that the police have been so so wrong about everything right from the get go that I do and always have believed Madeleine is still alive It is they who say she is not and clearly they have been wrong on every theory they have had so far. whilst the police search for their body I will continue along with hundreds of thousands of others my search for a little girl called Madeleine Mccann. We will find her and she will be home again I have never felt so certain of anything, contrary to your fears people are looking even harder now!..our anger will help fuel our fight for the return of your little girl.

tracey c - Date added 09/10/2007 16:09:23

To all the McCann family, with Love and prayers for you all, that your dreadful ordeal may come to an end. May this prayer be joined with the thousands of others. Dear St Joseph of the Holy Family, please hear and answer our prayer. Intercede for this family and unite them all once more, dispel all darkness that surrounds them and bring in the Light of Christ to this awful situation that appears hopeless. We ask this in the Name of Jesus the Lord and Saviour. Sacred Heart of Jesus we place our trust in You.Amen

Pat - Date added 09/10/2007 16:06:27

Hello Gerry and Kate. I was so saddened to see that you have felt the need to return home, but i don't blame you at all. As a resident here in the algarve I have witnested the behaviour of the press and public, it's discusting! I know I don't know you, but i think a lot of people feel like they know you by seeing you on our screens almost every day. We are still looking for your little girl. We are still hoping and praying every single day. We are by your side every step of the way, we believe in you, have done so much with the campaign for Maddie, you have made it worldwide. Our support for you now is stronger than ever! Keep the faith my freinds. Marie, Portimao x x x x

Marie Marques - Date added 09/10/2007 16:03:39

Just to say we are praying. Keep trusting Jesus and He will sort out this awful situation. We support you and are praying that Maddy will still be found. God bless and strengthen you.

Day & Gill, North Yorkshire - Date added 09/10/2007 16:01:14

Its official - the world has gone mad!! how can the portuguese people really think that Gerry and Kate had anything to do with Madeleines abduction! It really does beggar belief! I have never heard such a bunch of absurd accusations! Are they blind can they not see the pain etched on their faces? I feel you are both being penalised for your compusure and dignity! The british people are behind you 100%! I cant even begin to imagine how you both felt when your plane took off from Portugal, but you both have, above all else, the most amazing strength and belief and thats what will get you through. Our hearts are with you both all the way. Im off to cyprus next week and i will always be looking for madeleine. Stay strong and support each other, our thoughts and prayers are with you all, I have ordered a band so I have the correct phone number if I do see anything, we must all still be very vigilant. I will never set foot in portugal, they are making total fools of themselves. You are all in our thoughts every day and we pray every day for the safe return of madeleine. love to you all xxx

joanna - Date added 09/10/2007 15:57:11

In our thoughts and prayers, no one believes you had anything to do with it, hope Madeleine returns home soon. God Bless

Valerie - Date added 09/10/2007 15:55:21

Keep you spirits up. There are a lot of people out here praying for you all.

Denise Hornby - Date added 09/10/2007 15:49:12

Our thoughts are with you during this terrible time, we dont beleive for one minute that either of you had anything to do with Maddie going missing. I only hope and pray that you get some positive news. We are praying for you both for the safe return of Maddie. The Harvey Family xxxxxx

Last edited:

Caroline_afifi

I feel sorry for Madeleine, really. But what parent leaves a young child alone in a holiday apartment in a foreign country? I wouldn't even leave my child alone at my own home!

I have seen many people on holiday relax from their 'normal' values.
For some, a holiday represents a break from all that is negative and people often over relax their boundaries as a result.

They are not the first to make a mistake with their kids but they are certainly of of the highest profile in doing so.

They deserve everyones sympathy in my opinion.