Forum acts weird?

Moon

Hi everyone,

Since a few days, when I reply to a thread and I click "submit", I have to click the link in the address bar again to get back to the thread, otherwise it keeps loading like "forever" (well I gave up after 15 minutes). I think this is strange because I have a rather fast internet connection.
Am I the only one having this problem? :think:

Dev

Hi everyone,

Since a few days, when I reply to a thread and I click "submit", I have to click the link in the address bar again to get back to the thread, otherwise it keeps loading like "forever" (well I gave up after 15 minutes). I think this is strange because I have a rather fast internet connection.
Am I the only one having this problem? :think:

Moon it seems ok to me. No problem here while i am replying to your thread.

Last edited:

sultan

Strange, I've had the same problem. With DSL, you would have thought that the page would load instantly. But it takes a prolonged time. Dunno why ...

gwinity

Yes, it's happening to me, too, Moon. I think in the past week or so I've had one post come up as it should (and that was earlier today). Teh rest of the time it seems to 'hang'.

At least I know it's not my server blocking the site, now!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear it. I checked and everything looks fine. It's not like I don't believe that you have that issue :lol: but it's harder to figure out what's wrong if it happens not to everyone but just to few people. Would you tell me what operating system and browser do you use?

gwinity

Sorry Anatoliy, I seem to have done the very thing that I can't stand others doing when logging service calls etc! :redface:

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP service pack 2 and accessing the site via a LAN connection.

And interestingly enough, it seems to occur more often when posting using the QuickReply box, as opposed to the 'advanced' reply page.

gwinity

(testing my theory here with the quick reply, just to be certain..)

[edit] Yep, it locked up on me when using the Quick Reply box *without* previewing the post in Advanced mode. (Previewing it seems to resolve the issue)

And the status bar down on the bottom LHS of the browser window said "Stopped" (as opposed to "Done" or "Waiting for forum.orientaldancer.net...")

Last edited:

Moon

Same for me here, Gwinity. On the top of the page it says "loading" while on the bottom it says "stopped" :confused:
I'm also using firefox but I'm already using it since I became a member here and I never had any problems with it before.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Moon, thank you for starting this thread and thanks to everyone who contributed to it. You outlined the bug clearly. It affects FireFox users when they use "quick reply".

I upgraded the forum for the latest available version but the bug didn't disappear. I'll contact guys from Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (our forum runs on their product - vBulletin). Hope they'll fix this bug and all FireFox users will be appreciative to our own Moon. :D

P.S. They have to call the fix "Moon's healing". :lol:
P.P.S. I want to add that I posted this using FireFox and "quick reply" and after I clicked the "post quick reply" button I was waiting and waiting and waiting... The page never loaded.

Outi

I didn't have any problems, and hopefully won't have now either.
I just wanted to say "Thank you, Anatoliy!". You really take care of us, listen if we have any problems with the forum and act fast.

Really great!!!!