Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

congratulations on your first performance.

maybe you could put the video on but hide under a cover. listen to it for a bit. then replay it and occasionally peek over the top of your blanket. view a tiny slither at a time. and maybe eventually you will be able to view it all.

its the strangest thing that a lot of us feel like this. i wonder what its all about. we can walk around on the beach in a scimpy bikini, even change in front of a window, but oh boy performance jitters and watching a video of it is such a hard thing.

its so strange. i bet the guys dont have this problem. or maybe they do. dont know.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats daSage! It sounds like a very memorable performance.

Post Thanks / Like

haya !!! good for you!! i hope you have another 1000 to come!! have a great weekend Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    maybe you could put the video on but hide under a cover. listen to it for a bit. then replay it and occasionally peek over the top of your blanket. view a tiny slither at a time. and maybe eventually you will be able to view it all.

its the strangest thing that a lot of us feel like this. i wonder what its all about.
    Ha ha! Yes, I will be watching it with my eyes closed most of the time!

I grew up without dancing much in public, so maybe that is why for me.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was the same, dancing was always kinda a private thing for me growing up if that makes any sense. It shouldn't be however.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I am new here and came across this thread. First off, let me say ,its a pleasure to be here. I started belly dancing 8 months ago,on Monday evenings then decided to take private lessons. I had my very first solo a few weeks ago, at our Hafla. I am 54, run my own horse farm, so belly dancing was a new outlet for me. It was an exercise my body loved, sort of like "cross-training" from all the farm work. I did a solo for a few reasons, 1: the women there would understand hard work and practice,,2: we all start somewhere, at the beginning and 3 :I know most people like to encourage other, and have a kindred spirit. Not to mention it was so much fun and I loved it!!!! If you get the chance, go for it,its much like riding. The horse and rider are one body in motion, as you are with your movements and your music.You can feel it in your soul, and your face will show it. When someone says to you, they feel your energy and joy,you have shared something very special with them.

always time for dance and thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Jannine, that was such a nice post, I absolutely agree. I've been dancing about 10 months now & performed for the 1st time at a student show & a few retirement homes. We had to 'freestyle' last week in class and we all locked up and got nervous. I just couldn't do it, so I decided to go home and find music I could really connect with, as I danced to that, I absolutely felt like I was 'one' with the music.

I can tell you're one of those 'kindred' spirits who has found her 'higher' consciousness & spirituality. It shines through in your thread. =)

Post Thanks / Like

caricar
    Thankyou for the lovely post. Congrads on your first pubic experience! My first freestyle exerperience was in class, it was a little scarey. I am sure the more moves we learn,the better we can connect them.Then they will flow freely,it is all about practice and more knowlege,I think. One day, when we hear the music, "feel" it in our soul, our feet will just take to flight. Sometimes when I hear a piece of music, my wrists and hands decide, "hmmm, I feel soft ripple forming", then my feet follow. Then I just go from there with what I know. I am learning and growing, the self-expression, is very uplifting! Best wishes to you!

Be Blessed!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!

That is so amazing and we are all proud of you. It takes a lot to get up there and do your thing , keep up the good work hun!

-MiaMi

My Fav's :
    Nutcracker Auditions | The Nutcracker Ballet

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Be sure to get some pix next time! (I also hate to see myself dance on video, it helps alot though!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast