Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Darbouka dvd

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Darbouka dvd

    Does exist any instructional dvd to learn how to play darbouka?

  2. #2
    V.I.P. Yasmine Bint Al Nubia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    1,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well yes my dear Is'adZahirah, I have a great DVD form Uncle Mafufo, which Shira has given very good ratings on her site. Here's a link:Uncle Mafufo: Doumbek, Dumbek Instruction, Belly Dance Music, Middle Eastern Drums, Teacher.
    He takes the time to review how to hold the tabla and covers a wide variety of Arabic and Turkish rhythms. I know there are other instructional vids out there, but Uncle gets my vote. Also please keep in mind that drummers are like dancers and that they will add their own interpretation, embellishments etc. You may alsotry Turbo Tabla(my favorite drummer), here is his site:TURBO TABLA by Karim Nagi / Arabic Music and Modern Techno.
    Yasmine

  3. #3
    Member Kiraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For non-expensive DVD I think that "Doumbek Technique & Rhythms" by Amir Naoum is excellent - even when compared to some more expensive ones it is still very good as he gives enough time to learn to use your different hands/fingers and there is always the beat running on the screen which helps a lot in following.

  4. #4
    V.I.P. Maria_Aya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraze View Post
    For non-expensive DVD I think that "Doumbek Technique & Rhythms" by Amir Naoum is excellent - even when compared to some more expensive ones it is still very good as he gives enough time to learn to use your different hands/fingers and there is always the beat running on the screen which helps a lot in following.
    Have this one also, (didnt found yet the time to practice) but seems very good, and also good price/product.

    Maria Aya

  5. #5
    V.I.P. Reen.Blom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Between Heaven and Earth Upside Down
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Aya View Post
    Have this one also, (didnt found yet the time to practice) but seems very good, and also good price/product.

    Maria Aya
    I want that one!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got this more inexpensive one so I could learn to play my zills with the various rhythms. I enjoy it, just have to stick with the basics when he gets a bit more fancy. Also a nice DVD to dance to.....

  7. #7
    V.I.P. Yasmine Bint Al Nubia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    1,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teela View Post
    I got this more inexpensive one so I could learn to play my zills with the various rhythms. I enjoy it, just have to stick with the basics when he gets a bit more fancy. Also a nice DVD to dance to.....
    Which video did you buy?
    Yasmine

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •