Curious about member designations...

Didi

I hope I'm not asking a question whose answer is posted very clearly elsewhere on the site, but what is the difference between a member, junior member, and moderator? I thought at first it might have to do with the length of time someone had been using the site, then the number of posts, then perhaps their level of advancement in the dance... but none of my hypotheses seem to fit.

If anyone wants to explain to satisfy my curiosity, it would be appreciated. (There is probably a page I just didn't notice that says "Member/Junior Member/Moderator Titles Explanation". It always seems to work that way... :lol: )

Didi

Yshka

Hi Didi,

I'm not quite sure on all titles but this I know: Junior member is someone who recently joined and hasn't posted much. Member is someone with more posts etc. Then theres also V.I.P (Like Moon;) , I think for now she's the only one lol) who has an outrageous amount of posts in the forum:lol: .

A moderator is someone who is entitled to look after the forum or parts of it. Moderators check to see if nobody is abusive towards other members, deletes spam and stuff that should not be in the forum, adjusts wrongly posted or double posted threads etc.

I hope this clears it up a bit for you (and please, if I have explained something wrong, correct me:) )

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it's based on the number of posts:
Junior Member - up to 50
Member - 50+
Senior Member 500+
V.I.P. 1000+

janaki

Since we are on this subject, what are those green squres? Are they your reputation scores or referral scores or something else??

Cheers
Janaki

Moon

Thanks Yshka :rolleyes:
Actually, Shanazel and A'isha Azar are also V.I.P. members, but it doesn't show because they are moderators.

Aniseteph

What about a super VIP category for Moon when she gets to 2000 posts? (nearly there... I expect you to post another cake picture to celebrate!) :lol:

janaki

I think Maria's title shoyld be longer, VIBM(very important bellydancer/Moderator). As Maariku put it you are already one and love all your posts. They all filled with passion!!!

Cheers
Janaki

Didi

Very cool! :D Thanks so much for the info, Anatoliy.

I had no idea what the green squares were, either. I feel much better informed after reading the link.

And thanks to everybody who responded!

Didi,
whose curiosity is now satisfied

Yshka

Lol, Moon! I just think it's really cool you post so much:D!

Maria, you are already a V.I.B!! We love, love, LOVE reading your posts:cool: