Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I also took an ASL class and at one time thought that's what I wanted to do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janaki View Post
    ... I am sure if he is with a male buddy of his, I am sure, he would be drooling!!!!
    Drooling has to be quite high on the list of DONT'S...

And the third group is the guy who completely tries to blank out the shimmying, flying sequins and beads standing just to the side of him!
    Ha ha ha, how very British. OK chaps, put on a brave face and let's just pretend it isn't happening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Ha ha ha, how very British. OK chaps, put on a brave face and let's just pretend it isn't happening!
    Hahaha, exactly! Stiff upper lip chaps and this brazen oriental harlet will soon get the idea, what!

They clearly underestimate the bellydiva in me though - I have been known to backbend over the table in a bid to catch their eye (much to the amusement of the rest of the diners at the table)! But I don't make a regular habit of such wanton behaviour

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to many of these, and just watch the hips, fellas. Dancing is all in the hips, and enjoy.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    You ladies will never guess what happened yesterday! I went to watch my teacher dance at a local restaurant, and a couple walked out on her act!

The dancer made her entrance with a beautiful red silk veil, swept around the restaurant, and then did some pretty veil work onstage. Finally she tossed the veil aside (to move on with her set), and the veil fell down beside a young preppy (college?) boy who was there with his girlfriend. Next thing I knew, they left abruptly - they checked out at the register instead of waiting for their tab, and they hadn't been there long at all.

I asked my friend if she thought the girlfriend was upset by the dancer, and she said no, she thought it was the guy (he looked stern and upset to me too)! I thought that was very strange. Maybe he did not expect a belly dancer, but why wouldn't he stick around to enjoy the show?

Has this happened before to any dancers here?
    It probably didn't have much to do with watching your instructor dance. Maybe they were fighting or they had another commitment, or religious reasons or something else...Who knows what the reason would be. I know I would have stayed and my husband would have been drooling! lol (Not over me.) haha

Post Thanks / Like

Eshta:
    And the third group is the guy who completely tries to blank out the shimmying, flying sequins and beads standing just to the side of him!

wouldnt this make a dancer want to provoke a reaction from the man even more? it would be too fun to pass up...perhaps that is bad etiquette in dancer to audience rapport.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poor guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Eshta View Post
    I can totally visualize this guy, and it made me burst out laughing. So what if you try and provoke some eye-contact? He sounds like he needs loosening up, with his stiff upper lip. You're expanding his sense of possibility in a good direction, I think.

Keep doing the back-bends!
    Didi

P.S. Poor guys, though. Who could resist just a glance?? And what inner judgmental voice is making them resist? I love watching belly dancers dance live. It's so beautiful and thrilling. I kind of feel sorry for anyone whose inner dialogue contaminates or even prevents the experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123