Tell one thing new about yourself

Jane

Do you have glasses or contacts?

I've been thinking about doing laser surgery, my doc says I'm a good candidate. In honor of that scene in Clockwork Orange, I'll request Beethoven's ninth during the procedure. :lol:

Congrats on the MP3 player- they are fantastic!

Aniseteph

eek, the idea of laser surgery scares me, and don't think they'd touch me anyway. I have contacts, and glasses when I can't be bothered (which used to be just at home or in emergencies, but these days I'll do the school run, shopping etc. in them. I am definitely getting less vain, or Letting Myself Go. :D)

alosha

Do you have glasses or contacts?

I've been thinking about doing laser surgery, my doc says I'm a good candidate. In honor of that scene in Clockwork Orange, I'll request Beethoven's ninth during the procedure. :lol:

Congrats on the MP3 player- they are fantastic!

if you do the laser surgery, please tell me what its like! i want to do it but am scared of lasers in my eye. though i think they give you valium beforehand...

what's the lifespan of the surgery?

anyhoo....something about me....
i've never ridden a horse.

Shanazel

You should definitely take at least one lesson, Alosha. You might end up with a new passion!

Somthing new about me: I managed to program my own cell phone a few minutes ago. Woo-hoo!

maylynn

i've had laser surgery from a very high prescription, and it was one of the best things i've ever done in my life!

TriniDancer

Ha, forget the chart without my glasses on I can't tell a guy from a woman if they happen to be standing further than arms length away :lol: Yeah uh I've had some really embarrassing moments because of that.

Without glasses or contacts I can't read the largest letter on the eye test chart. Heck, I can't even find the chart!

Mya

*shnip*i love chickens.that's a new thing about me! I really love chickens, not only to eat, but to pet and squeeze and play with too. I know, it's a little weird lol

you squeeze chickens??? :shok:
lol...i don't know why but i feel that chickens should not be squeezed - i imagine their eyes bugging out and loud squaking. do they enjoy being squeezed? :think:

Trini - congrats on the new job and condolences about the friend :(

I think those kiosks at the mall where you can build your own stuffed animal to be be terribly morbid..they have containers filled with white fluffy animal guts and synthetic skins...there's something fundamentally wrong with that as far as i'm concerned.

Last edited:

TriniDancer

Yesterday (Thursday) was my friend’s funeral. Besides for being really sad, I’m also angry and really disturbed by what happened yesterday at the funeral. My friend has worked at the company for the past eight years and only me and two other co-workers went to his funeral. I mean not the CEO, not the Plant Manager or his secretary or his departmental head; his supervisor and not a single guy from the department he worked in attended the funeral. I mean for goodness sake not even one of the HR managers went. We have at least 200 people employed on just this plant alone where he worked and not counting the six other plants with a couple hundred people in them he interacted with over the years and out of those 200 people at this plant only three people showed up at his funeral that took place at 5pm long after office hours? I heard the crap all week about if he was so troubled he could have talked to someone at the company so he could get help. But considering the number of people that went to his funeral who wouldn’t give him or his family any kind of emotional support in death looks like he was right to guess he wouldn’t get any kind of support in life. And that disturbs me to think I’ve only worked here for 6yrs and if I happen to die today or tomorrow my boss would just say so sad, too bad, let’s find a replacement and move on and not even attend my funeral??? My friend was a really kind, decent and just plain nice guy and he deserved a bit more respect than that.

Mya

I'm sorry to hear that! Trinidadians can be amazingly self centred and insensitive sometimes for a people that are generally so warm and involved (even in things they shouldn't be involved in).

At least the family knows that there are 3 of you at that plant who aren't morons and have some decency. My condolences again. It's never easy to lose a friend.