New style for the forum

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm working on a new style for the forum. It's almost done and I'd like to ask you for feedback. To see the new style select "Sunset" from "Quick style chooser" drop-down menu (left bottom corner).

What do you like, what don't you like, what did I miss? (Don't pay attantion to the blue buttons - I'll modify them).

taheya

Hi Anatoily i dont know if it is just me and i am used to the blue but my initial reaction was i had to step back from the screen....a little harder to read posts i feel. Although it is preety it is also harder on the eye.

Wiggly

Hi

I like the colour, however I agree, the blue is easier on the eye to read the posts, can you conbine the ideas in some way or maybe bring the colour down on the actual posts where the writing is so it is paler.
Wiggly

Q-Tip

I like the layout.

I like the colors and the combination of colors, it gives it a warmer feel.
(I wouldn't mind having a shirt the same color as the background.:D )

I didn't have any problems reading the text but if people are having a problem them maybe you could go a shade or two paler on the background of the area that the post appears in.

I find the blue to be cold and harsher than the Sunset schema but that's just me. Most of the forums I belong to use the blue. The Sunset is a nice change, it's just more inviting to me.

again, just my opinion.

Reen.Blom

WOW I love it! it is stunning! So warm and... NEW! I am not a fan of present blue layout so this one looks like a wonderful change! I agree with the posters on the pst background... a shade or 2 lighter would do the trick.... otherwise we have to type in bigger and poofier letters...LOL

Moon

Sorry I prefer blue :redface: Can't we just leave it like this, that the members can just choose a style by themselves from the quick style chooser so they can either have sunset or blue?

Last edited:

da Sage

Even though the orange is prettier, it's harder to read.

I will leave mine in Sunset for a bit, and see how well I like it over a few sessions.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys for your feedback. As an old Russian proverb says: "One head is good but two are better". :D

Sorry I didn't indicate in my original post that the new style will be in addition to the old one, not instead of it. You will be able to chose the style you prefer.

About the Sunset style. I reverted the background of the post area to default and changed the orange background to light yellow. You're right, it's easier on the eyes when the colors aren't so bright.

Let's keep brainstorming until we are completely satisfied with our Sunset.

KuteNurse

Thanks guys for your feedback. As an old Russian proverb says: "One head is good but two are better". :D

Sorry I didn't indicate in my original post that the new style will be in addition to the old one, not instead of it. You will be able to chose the style you prefer.

About the Sunset style. I reverted the background of the post area to default and changed the orange background to light yellow. You're right, it's easier on the eyes when the colors aren't so bright.

Let's keep brainstorming until we are completely satisfied with our Sunset.

I have had it set on these colors for a while now and I actually like the color scheme....Thanks Anatolity.

Lydia

i realy like it sunset it is for me...just to think about that time of day ..it,s my favorite!!!:dance:

Lydia

Anatolity, you got your self in trouble!!! Lol now what to do ???keep 2 choices in?? have a great day ,you are a tressure!! i cant mention that enough times,lots of hugs to you and the lady of the house...Lydia

Salome

Administrator
Sorry I prefer blue :redface: Can't we just leave it like this, that the members can just choose a style by themselves from the quick style chooser so they can either have sunset or blue?

Yes you can absolutely choose which one you like and use it. At the bottom of the forum index page, on the left hand side there are the options "default" (which is the blue) and "sunset" from a drop down menu. So you can set it up how you prefer :D

Reen.Blom

I like the sunsest better (I like blue but maybe not that particular shade of blue...;))

One thing that is puzzling me- when I choose sunset layout the buttons on the left disappear.... Is it because you guys still working on the layout or is it my computer?