Opinion on Male dancers

mikex1337

Nope. :D

"Drag" is only when you're trying to look like a woman. It would require a bra. I don't wear one as I don't need one i.e. I'm not a woman (last time I checked). Its also rather hard to be a convincing woman with a beard, chest hair and hairy arms/legs!

The rest of my appearance is unisex.

I beg to differ.

Image courtesy of Zorba on doubleveil.net

It's all good though. You are my mentor, Zorba. ;)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Dude! You can't hot-link from my site...

But regardless, what's "drag" about that outfit? That's probably the most culturally "masculine" outfit I have!

Still don't see a bra, still can't be drag...

Venefica

Would you say that Zorba crosses into the zone of "drag"?

From what I have seen of him no I don't think so. A dressed up male is just a dressed up male, even whit more shine and frill and stuff than a man usually wears. A man in a bra and a wig and a girl's make up, and so on that is drag.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
From what I have seen of him no I don't think so. A dressed up male is just a dressed up male, even whit more shine and frill and stuff than a man usually wears. A man in a bra and a wig and a girl's make up, and so on that is drag.

At last...

Someone who GETS IT!!

Thanx Venefica!

Venefica

Oh no problem. You should see some of the goth boys I have talked whit, many of them have allot more jewelry, frills, lace, silk and stuff on them than you do and they still look very nice and masculine. Where do it say that a male can not decorate his body. The human body is beautiful, the male and the female. Have a wonderful day.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Yea - the Goth sub-culture has a lot to recommend it. My favorite jewelry vendor is well known in the Goth community (Eyescream Jewelry).

I'd be willing to bet that I've cornered the market on earrings - I currently have 90 pairs and that's down from what it was a year ago!

Venefica

I collect earrings so I would have to compete whit you there. I have several hundred pairs. :O I feel naked whiteout something dangering in my ears.

Eyescream really do have alot of nice jewlery though I have not buy anything from them yet.

Shanazel

As someone who has worn a bra, a wig, and girl make up, I am here to say those things are a drag for anyone!!! Let's hear it for free boobs, natural hair and clean faces: eee-haaa! The sixties strike again!

mikex1337

As someone who has worn a bra, a wig, and girl make up, I am here to say those things are a drag for anyone!!! Let's hear it for free boobs, natural hair and clean faces: eee-haaa! The sixties strike again!

I'm down with that, girl. :D

But I think this topic is getting carried off a bit... it's about male dancers, not drag queens.

Thanks, Zorba, for your excellent and amusing input.

Moon

Shanazel please... if I get one more imagine in my head of a topless bellydancer hitting herself a blue eye with her large breasts I'm going to spit my coca cola all over the pc....

Shanazel

Shanazel please... if I get one more imagine in my head of a topless bellydancer hitting herself a blue eye with her large breasts I'm going to spit my coca cola all over the pc....

Actually, I wasn't thinking of going without the belly dancing bra:shok:- now I'm the one spitting diet Pepsi on my computer. Still, this brings us back to the original topic of Zorba not wearing a bra... hi, Zorba, you still with us?