Opinion on Male dancers

Suheir

Ooh! I know a belly dancer was owns a topless bar!

I daren't even go in. :shok:
Oh, blimey! It's amazing how things like topless bars have made a comeback. When I started secondary school in 1977 there was a pub opposite my school which had topless go-go dancers at lunchtime!

Sara

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it's closing down. Too much fighting like. But I've noticed a lot more topless bars opening too. Not that I look out for em. :D

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Actually, I wasn't thinking of going without the belly dancing bra:shok:- now I'm the one spitting diet Pepsi on my computer. Still, this brings us back to the original topic of Zorba not wearing a bra... hi, Zorba, you still with us?
Like a bad penny...

RioDancerCO

confession...

I am horrified to admit my opinion on male belly dancers... I have discovered that (depending on the presentation) I have no cultural conditioning to it. What I mean is that I love dancing. I love men who dance. However, I'm so accustomed to the wretched lack of men who dance that I have no built up 'immunity' to the effect! I found a great YouTube video the other day (not confessing who was dancing!!) and I couldn't even watch the whole thing through without having to pause so I could recover :shok: Male belly dancers are wicked powerful stuff. I'm used to being hard to impress, not tripping over my tongue because I've become a drooling idiot :rolleyes:

Shanazel

I dislike the idea of being punctured repeatedly by needles, so I had a daughter and named her Rose. She is a pink and white Rose.;)

janmiki

Good for the guys!

I see nothing wrong with male belly dancers. A matter of fact, in my performance days Bert Baladine was one of the hot ticket items to go see. I am no longer performing but still teaching and my 22 year old son Adam is in one of my classes and doing quite well.
Personally, I find the performances from our male counterparts who dance feminanly unappealing, however, the guys who interpret the dance in a more masculine way with strength and power are much more appealing to watch.
Remember guys, your men, embrace it, dance like it.
Leila

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Personally, I find the performances from our male counterparts who dance femininely unappealing, however, the guys who interpret the dance in a more masculine way with strength and power are much more appealing to watch.
Remember guys, you're men, embrace it, dance like it.
Leila
{Zorba rises to the bait, he can't help himself :D }

Ok, now please tell me what "Feminine" and "Masculine" are in dance? No-one's ever been able to tell me definitively, all I've ever seen are meaningless rulebooks.

Shanazel

No, Zorba, no! Flee! Save yourself. Don't take the bait! It is only a hook in disguise!

Didn't you read in the rant thread about how belly dance comes from the way ladies of the harem satisfied their sultans? What can be more feminine than immortalizing the bestowal of sexual favors in dance? A male's place in belly dance is naturally to sit on the sidelines and look lascivious;).

slinks

lol, Shanazel, if only they did watch, haha, they're always too busy chatting away to the person next to them (as seen in the movies !!) the dancer, dances for herself :-D

Recnadocir

Personally, I don't like male dancers. I wish they would all go away. All but me.

p.s. Zorba has exceeded the emoticon limit for one post and should be penalized. Either that, or he is a 14 year old girl in disguise, in which case, excessive use of emoticons and net jargon must be tolerated.:dance:

Last edited:

taheya

p.s. Zorba has exceeded the emoticon limit per one post and should be penalized. Either that, or he is a 14 year old girl in disguise, in which case, excessive use of emoticons and net jargon must be tolerated.
:lol::lol::lol: