What moves need pelvic muscles tucked under.

janaki

Hi all,

One of Ariella's thread prompted me to write this.

1. What moves in bellydance need plevis tucked under? I post my reply to my own question in a bit cos I need to go for a business meeting!!!:(:

Cheer
Janaki

teela

Are you referring to tucked under or kind of pulled up and under sharply as a first move? I learned something this weekend where you sharply pull the pelvis up, then drop the chest sharply and raise it back up sharply. I forgot what it was called.

sparklyraven

on Saturday we were playing with oomis and playing with how to teach it and what muscles are you using anyway? and you tuck your pelvis under for doing that but it doesn't neccesarily stay tucked under because ofthe constant motion. did that make sense? does that count?;)

janaki

omi is a vertical hip circle. My idol Raqia Hassan calls it brazillian circle!!!!

Cheers
Janaki

Salome

Administrator
1. What moves in bellydance need plevis tucked under?

Basic posture with the pelvis is maintained through most of the fundamental families of movement. It's released when articulation with the pelvis is needed to initiate or complete a movement. Like pelvic drops, pelvic undulations, pelvic circles, pelvic figure eights. I tend to release it also with spins and traveling steps.

janaki

Yes, I keep my tummy tucked under when I shimmy. But when I layer the shimmies with undulations, fig 8s, hip cirlces, I contract and release as per the requirement.

Cheers
Janaki

Reen.Blom

Thank you Janaki I was trying to figure out if it has to be released for shimmies and I think it looks much better contracted!

For the 1st time I noticed great improvement in the quality of vertical figure8s if it is kept tucked! I think I learnt it wrong to start with!