Editing problem

charity

perhaps i should start a new thread? dont know.

i log on at the library and it says i am logged onto the forum but when i go to edit, i get an error message that says i am not authorized to make those changes... and to refresh my page and start over. something to that extent.

so i'll refresh the page and log back in, it will redirect me to the page i was on before, but its as if i'm not logged on even though i see welcome, charity up at the top.

i'm wondering if it is the security settings at the library. so that when you leave a page, you are automatically signed off in the event that someone should get on behind you and have access to your information.

though usually if i refresh the page a few times and keep logging on, it will eventually work. its just a real annoyance.

same thing happens occasionally when i want to post. i guess if you are inactive on the forum for a bit, it logs you off even though it says welcome, charity at the top.

the library also has mozilla firefox.

Salome

Administrator
Hi Charity,

When you log on to the forum there is a little box that you can check mark that says 'Remember Me?'... If you check that then the forum won't time out on you and you won't get that error message. However since you are using a shared computer, you will definately want to remember to log out.

charity

oh thanks. i had avoided using that cause i thought it would remember my password and anyone who checked out the website on the same computer would be logged in as me.

yep it works.

i have another question, i'm trying to give someone some points/reputation. do i do that under user cp or under their profile? either way i dont see it. and how do the green squares translate and the different colors? is there a tutorial you can guide me to? the comps at the library are so slow it takes so long to accomplish anything, otherwise i would attempt to do some more searching, sorry.

Last edited: