Please be nice...

Moon

During my last student's performance, some audience member filmed us and put it on youtube :shok: Fortunately it's a very short clip and a little small and blurry so I'm hardly recognisable. This is not the most spectacular part of the choreography, but, oh well, I just post it here if you promise to be nice ;)

(I'm in green/gold (the taller of the two))

YouTube - Oriëntal Dance

Last edited:
Hi Moon, Too bad the poster of the clip didn't include the entire dance. As it is, it's too blurry to see any of the movements clearly or pick up on any energy and emotional connection from your troupe. That's why I hate black back drops on stage, it seems to swallow all the light. Why don't you give us a critique of your performance? Tell us what you liked or didn't like about it?
Yasmine

Shanazel

ooh, how frustrating for the clip to not be better. I agree about black backgrounds, especially since I favor dark colored costumes.

slinks

The two in the middle were the green and gold and the one to the left is slightly taller .. I say, well done Moon, it's just a pity it was not longer and that it was a bit of a blur ... I don't think it was the black backdrop that is making it hard to see it's the lack of lighting from the lightsman that's supposed to be lighting up the stage, black is a good back drop for showing up colours and if he were doing his job properly it would have been perfect !!

Hmmmm, can anyone tell me how to upload on youtube I have a performance from years ago that I wouldn't mind putting up, lol, just for a fun ...

Moon

Actually I'm happy i'm not better visible than this as I don't even know who posted it online. I sent him/her a message but no answer yet.
It's not my troupe though, just some student's performance.

Reen.Blom

Pity It's difficult to see anything...:( What are the costumes like? It is difficult to see- look sparkly...LOL

Moon

My teacher made some pictures of us. I can ask her next lesson if she already has them or maybe she can send them to me and I don't look too horrible on them I'll post them here.

The costumes consisted of a top and matching skirt in a certain colour with either silver or gold stripes.

As this was a students' performance of not only the bellydance group, but also flamengo dancers, music students etc., the stage was not perfect for bellydance :(. We were a little "too high" from the point of view of the audience in my opinion. But well, we still had a good time. I guess the person who filmed it was a little far in the back.

Didi

We want photos!

I'm sure you don't look horrible in your photos. Post 'em!

Sorry I couldn't really see the Youtube performance, but I'm sure you were lovely.

Didi

TiaSerena

Hi Moon... I wish we could have seen the entire chereography, but from what I could make out you look very into it and good. I wish I could see the costumes more closely. They looks like they are very pretty! Please post pics if you get them. :)