More Q games: Ask your forum mates

Zurah

Hi all,

just thought to add one more game to the list. In this case, you ask a question to any of our forum mates who are knowledgeable about the subject. It can be bellydance-related, but the idea is basically to ask about subjects that don't fit in the other forums. So I'll start:

The first Q is for KuteNurse: I've heard before that the nights when the moon is full are supposedly a lot more hectic for police and healthcare professionals than any other nights of the month... have you experienced anything like this at work? Do you think this may be true, or it's just an old wives' tale?

Amulya

Cool game, I'd like to add one more for CuteNurse: I heard there are more babies born at full moon too, or is that a myth?

KuteNurse

Hi all,

just thought to add one more game to the list. In this case, you ask a question to any of our forum mates who are knowledgeable about the subject. It can be bellydance-related, but the idea is basically to ask about subjects that don't fit in the other forums. So I'll start:

The first Q is for KuteNurse: I've heard before that the nights when the moon is full are supposedly a lot more hectic for police and healthcare professionals than any other nights of the month... have you experienced anything like this at work? Do you think this may be true, or it's just an old wives' tale?

I have heard that also, however, there is no actual proof. Sometimes something odd happens at work and we blame it on a full moon. I also work straight days and I work in pediatrics, so it is much different than working in someplace like the ER or an Urgent Care facility. I have heard that people tend to get a little bit crazy around the time of a full moon, but I have not seen anything documented saying such.

KuteNurse

Cool game, I'd like to add one more for CuteNurse: I heard there are more babies born at full moon too, or is that a myth?

That is a myth. However, when we get a snow storm and the barometric pressure drops, there is something there. More babies tend to be born then.

Zurah

KuteNurse – It’s great! Especially now – although the change of the seasons where I live isn’t really as marked as in other regions of the country up north, ever since I’ve been here I’ve enjoyed spring and summer months as I’d never had before (being that all my life I had lived in the tropics, where it’s pretty much the same all year round), even though it’s really, really, really HOT in this part of the country (Murcia, in the southeast – we’re about a 45 min. drive to the sea). Hot as in 50º C / 122º Fahrenheit at some point in August – fortunately extreme heat doesn’t bother me too much. A couple of weeks ago I got to catch a few concerts during the Tres Culturas festival that is held every year in May, something I’d love for all of you guys to see… great ethnic and fusion concerts and performances all over the town, most of them for free - it’s sponsored by the largest companies of the region, celebrating the region’s Arabic, Jewish, and Christian heritage. This year I got to catch Oojami (check them out in Amazon!), and they had a bellydancer and an amazing Turkish dervish… they were fantastic! And the year before the last (‘05) they brought Natacha Atlas to sing in the center of town – that was also amazing! Mine is a smallish city also, so I can get to pretty much everywhere I want to go on foot or cab, at least during the day when I’m downtown (I can’t stand driving).

KuteNurse

KuteNurse – It’s great! Especially now – although the change of the seasons where I live isn’t really as marked as in other regions of the country up north, ever since I’ve been here I’ve enjoyed spring and summer months as I’d never had before (being that all my life I had lived in the tropics, where it’s pretty much the same all year round), even though it’s really, really, really HOT in this part of the country (Murcia, in the southeast – we’re about a 45 min. drive to the sea). Hot as in 50º C / 122º Fahrenheit at some point in August – fortunately extreme heat doesn’t bother me too much. A couple of weeks ago I got to catch a few concerts during the Tres Culturas festival that is held every year in May, something I’d love for all of you guys to see… great ethnic and fusion concerts and performances all over the town, most of them for free - it’s sponsored by the largest companies of the region, celebrating the region’s Arabic, Jewish, and Christian heritage. This year I got to catch Oojami (check them out in Amazon!), and they had a bellydancer and an amazing Turkish dervish… they were fantastic! And the year before the last (‘05) they brought Natacha Atlas to sing in the center of town – that was also amazing! Mine is a smallish city also, so I can get to pretty much everywhere I want to go on foot or cab, at least during the day when I’m downtown (I can’t stand driving).

That is so great! Someday I hope to visit Europe: Germany, Spain, Italy, England, France...Ohhh...So many places I want to see.

My question is for Shanazel...Are you starting to feel better and recover from your illness? (I have been concerned for you and praying you will get better.)

Reen.Blom

I pop in with my question for Charity>

I was impressed with your post about meditation... I was wondering if you do yoga?