Hi

Edit

Banned
Hi!

I'm Edit, from Hungary. I love bellydancing, and I love taking photos on beautiful performances.

I'm trying to learn how to play darbuka, that's my other hobby.

Yshka

Well hi there Edit,:)

Welcome to the forum! This place is full of bellydance-addicts. Happy posting and reading. I'm wanting to learn how to play a darbukka as well.

Safran

Hello Edit, welcome to the Forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy reading and posting. And do let us know how the darbuka playing is coming along - I also want to learn it one day...

Edit

Banned
hi

Thank you for your kindness:)

This is a very useful forum, there's so much information. Great to be contact with bellydancers all over the world.

I would like to share my favourite moments of bellydancing with everybody who is interested in hungarian bellylife :) Now, I've taken some pictures about a great play. One of the dancers in Hungary, Katalin Schäfer made it. It's a story an arabic wedding. If somebody has a little free time, the photos can be see here: Untitled Document
The name of this play was "Aranysál", in english: "The Golden Scarf"

And sorry for my english. In my shcool we never learn practical english, just about aunt Jane's cookies, and weather :)

Last edited:

Edit

Banned
Hello Edit, welcome to the Forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy reading and posting. And do let us know how the darbuka playing is coming along - I also want to learn it one day...

Hello Maariku!
Learning to play darbuka is so hard for me. I've never learned to play any instrument before. But I'm trying. The other students are very nice, we go to a little island, called Margitsziget, to practice it. We are welcomed only a quite big, open spaces :) I love this time, we play rhytms for long time, sitting in the grass, until everybody turn in to meditation. These are timeless, and very relaxing hours. My husband also love darbuka, he often came with me when I went to a bellydance performance, so he wanted to learn it too. I like khalegy, and samaii. I think, if you want to learn to play darbuka, you will enjoy it. It's incredible, when all drum sounds simultaneously. If you take a break, you can feel your darbuka is still shaking, while the others play.

jannine

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Nice for you to join us. I find the people here very gracious and encouraging. I viewed some of your photos. you have so many! They are beautifull! So many great action shots,and the colours are so vibrant. I love the ones also taken outside with all the greenery and the dancer with the gold isis wings, very beautifull. Glad you have joined us.

Be Blessed

Edit

Banned
Hi! Welcome to the forum. Nice for you to join us. I find the people here very gracious and encouraging. I viewed some of your photos. you have so many! They are beautifull! So many great action shots,and the colours are so vibrant. I love the ones also taken outside with all the greenery and the dancer with the gold isis wings, very beautifull. Glad you have joined us.

Be Blessed

Thank you Jannine :) The dancer with gold isis wings is a very kind person. We spend a good day in the botanical park, when I've taken these photos. She has a very good sense of humor. When she dressed in her new gold costume, and walked in the trees, I thought it's a fairy-tale.