Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rachy,

I am a professional and I dance and teach for a living. I *NEVER* perform at bachelor parties and I really don't think any respectful dancer should IMHO. It's an art form, not something to entertain roudy and drunk men.

I dance at two different restaurants that pay fairly well and I also do private gigs which is where most of my gig income comes from like weddings, birthday parties, bachelorette parties, hens nights, etc. And to be honest, I would make the same performing at a bachelor party as I would a private upscale corporate function. The vast majority of my income comes from teaching though.

Post Thanks / Like

Job or hobby? Can it be both ? However I only take gigs that sound respectable to me. I am very picky!

Post Thanks / Like

I can more describe it as life passion !!!
    I still keep my work after 20 years in Parliament its not wise to leave it but same time I teach nowdays around 3-4 hours per day, mostly privite.
    As for performing its very rare in the last 15 years, lets say not more than 30 times. So i do select where I dance.
    BUT have to say that my best times are when I dance for arabic audience women or men.
    I just LOVE their surprise and their secret chats like, she is arab she is hidding it, she looks arab and she dance like arab.. etc lol

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

I was not nessicarily asking if you would do the bachelor party, but it was what I was told and the price. I was just curious if those prices where "reasonable" or the same for restuarant dances, or whatever else you do them for.

thanks for all the great info. i will not be dancing for men alone, nor would i think of it, it's just what i had been told .

Post Thanks / Like

I started taking classes as a hobby, because I was really interested in this particular dancing. But now at the moment as I realised that I love! this dancing and performing it in both theaters or private shows as restaurants, I'm thinking seriosly the possibility of becaming some day a professional dancer!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

I'm still a beginner so bellydance is my hobby at this moment. For now, I absolutely want to get better but I also want it to stay a hobby.
    But you never know what the future will bring...

so beautifully said moon,it is the same for me
    I can more describe it as life passion !!!
    maria,you are such an inspiration.

Rachy,just dance and see where it takes you,who knows what wonderful oppurtunities it will bring into your life.have you started dancing rachy?
    Job or hobby? Can it be both ? However I only take gigs that sound respectable to me. I am very picky!

thats wonderful Amulya

you are all such an inspiration,rachy certainly came to the right place to find the guidance she needs,

love and shimmies all round

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12