Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy Shakira dancing on tv show

OMG! Did anyone else see the tasteless guy dancing on the new tv show "America has got Talent?" He was dressed as a woman with a curly wig a bra top with no boobs and a skirt with a coin hip scarf wrapped around it. He danced to a Shakira song, doing some BD moves or attempting BD moves. He looked ridiculous trying to dance and impersonate Shakira. It was actually comical and the audience on the show were totally amused. 2 of the judges, Sharon Osbourne and the English guy Pierre voted yes for him to go on next level to win 1,000,000 dollars. The Baywatch guy David, voted no and got mad and walked off the stage in anger...lol What a riot to watch!

Here is the link...There is a picture of him, along with other pictures from other performers. Go under recaps...go to picture #5.
    NBC.com - America's Got Talent
    Last edited by KuteNurse; 06-20-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

kutenurse
    I watched it last night, I found it very distastefull. I actually don't know what else to say. It wasn't funny, he certainly wasn't good by any means. I actually don't know why they let him move on to the next level. I thought maybe they are having a hard time finding good talent this time.

be blessed

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I think they let him pass because he amused and entertained the audience. I think they will keep him in the game as long as they can for entertainment purposes...Which is kind of sad actually.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it is sad. When I first began belly dancing, I was rather lost on where to buy clothes etc, so I went to the yellow pages, under Belly Dance. It said see: Men's Entertainment. I was not happy with that either. Along with learning and sharing, I have educating people along the way to the tastefull and beautifull art that it deserves. I really think that last night, the performance, people thought it was more of a joke.

be blessed

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jannine View Post
    I agree, it is sad. When I first began belly dancing, I was rather lost on where to buy clothes etc, so I went to the yellow pages, under Belly Dance. It said see: Men's Entertainment. I was not happy with that either. Along with learning and sharing, I have educating people along the way to the tastefull and beautifull art that it deserves. I really think that last night, the performance, people thought it was more of a joke.

be blessed
    That is sad...That BDing has a sterotype like that to be in the men's entertainment section.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed watching men BD so I do not want to sound like I have something against them dancing...in this case of the guy immitating shakira, he was not very good at all.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Peirs Morgan- what a guy!

I think that if it was an imitation and meant as a joke, then it's not so bad. He was having a laugh right? If he was serious then I'd more more worried. Was he being serious?

Here's our winner.... To perform on the royal variety.

YouTube - The Winner of Britain's Got Talent is...

Legend!

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody sent me the link to that video - it was ghastly.

But I have to admit that it came under the heading: "It was so BAD it was good!".

As for phone books - our local one has Belly Dancers indexed under "Adult Entertainment". Of course all the Belly Dancers are actually found under "Entertainers, Family".

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, can I see the video? Pweety please Zorba tyke?
    Last edited by Sara; 06-21-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by miriam; 06-21-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for posting the URL. I was flabbergasted with the performance and it left me speechless. I think this falls under the category of Oh My!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast