Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitamun's Class

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sitamun's Class

Okay, well, I'm soon to take my first bellydance class with Sitamun! It starts at 7pm tonight - I'm so exited, but nervous at the same time. Does anyone have any advice to try and make my first class go smoother? What kind of shoes should I wear? Tennis shoes or sandals?

Post Thanks / Like

I usually was wearing socks since tere was a carpet... eventually I was planning to buy some bellet type shoes but then I had to leave...

Good luck with your class and tell us all about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will update about the class - though it's raining pretty hard, I hope I won't get rained out of my first class!

I have some flowy kind of yoga pants I'm going to wear, but it'd look horrible with tennis shoes. So...sandals are an 'okay' vote?

Post Thanks / Like

I think whatever you are comfortable in! The main pint is to have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I wear shoes that are smooth on the bottom .. tennis/sandshoes are not smooth, they would stick to the polished floors or carpet, so I think if your sandles are smooth bottomed go with them, if not go bare footed or wear sox till you get some smooth bottomed shoes .. And have FUN :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slinks View Post
    I wear shoes that are smooth on the bottom .. tennis/sandshoes are not smooth, they would stick to the polished floors or carpet, so I think if your sandles are smooth bottomed go with them, if not go bare footed or wear sox till you get some smooth bottomed shoes .. And have FUN :-)
    Thanks, Slinks - I actually went barefoot the entire class, so no worries there. The class was really fun, I made a couple of friends as well. Yay! Sitamun was really nice, I thought she was going to be strict and a bit of a perfectionist - like my last dance instructor (Ballet) was. Throughout the class, however, I felt really lightheaded. I think it was because of the rain, but everything went by in a daze. I keep locking my knees, too; it drives me crazy! Plus, I need to work on moving around a bit more with my hips - gah, it's insane! But I love it so much, the music, the people, and the thought of what I'm going to be experiencing. Perhaps I'll have an even better time next week!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chloe it is great that you had fun! Keep on telling us about your classes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Hey Chloe it is great that you had fun! Keep on telling us about your classes!
    ^_^ Thanks, Reen.Blom!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of hugs to Chloe!! *hug*

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Chloe! I agree with everyone else. Wear what ever you are comfortable in and remember to have fun! You are going to love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast