Sitamun's Class

Chloe

Okay, well, I'm soon to take my first bellydance class with Sitamun! It starts at 7pm tonight - I'm so exited, but nervous at the same time. Does anyone have any advice to try and make my first class go smoother? What kind of shoes should I wear? Tennis shoes or sandals?

Reen.Blom

I usually was wearing socks since tere was a carpet... eventually I was planning to buy some bellet type shoes but then I had to leave... :(

Good luck with your class and tell us all about it!

Chloe

Thanks, I will update about the class - though it's raining pretty hard, I hope I won't get rained out of my first class!

I have some flowy kind of yoga pants I'm going to wear, but it'd look horrible with tennis shoes. So...sandals are an 'okay' vote?

slinks

I wear shoes that are smooth on the bottom .. tennis/sandshoes are not smooth, they would stick to the polished floors or carpet, so I think if your sandles are smooth bottomed go with them, if not go bare footed or wear sox till you get some smooth bottomed shoes .. And have FUN :)

Chloe

I wear shoes that are smooth on the bottom .. tennis/sandshoes are not smooth, they would stick to the polished floors or carpet, so I think if your sandles are smooth bottomed go with them, if not go bare footed or wear sox till you get some smooth bottomed shoes .. And have FUN :)

Thanks, Slinks - I actually went barefoot the entire class, so no worries there. The class was really fun, I made a couple of friends as well. Yay! Sitamun was really nice, I thought she was going to be strict and a bit of a perfectionist - like my last dance instructor (Ballet) was. Throughout the class, however, I felt really lightheaded. I think it was because of the rain, but everything went by in a daze. I keep locking my knees, too; it drives me crazy! Plus, I need to work on moving around a bit more with my hips - gah, it's insane! But I love it so much, the music, the people, and the thought of what I'm going to be experiencing. Perhaps I'll have an even better time next week!

KuteNurse

Good luck Chloe! I agree with everyone else. Wear what ever you are comfortable in and remember to have fun! You are going to love it.

Chloe

Heh, thanks everyone! :D
Though, I keep having the problem of getting lightheaded - any advice on how to stop it? Or, is it because I lock my knees? I try not too, but it happens occasionally.