My first long-term professional gig!!

RioDancerCO

:dance: I just got my first dancing gig with a Middle Eastern restaurant in town!! I'm so excited to have this opportunity :) I've gotta go do a photo shoot for posters and newspaper ads and I can't decide what to wear! :think: Too many choices! Wish me luck :)

janaki

Good for you Rio!!! It will be soo much fun. I am sure you will get to wear something very pretty!!!! Good luck.

Cheers
Janaki

Kharmine

Is it a Middle Eastern-style restaurant? We just had an Indian restaurant in town advertise belly dancing, and I'm curious to see what that will look like.

RioDancerCO

Hi Kharmine, Yes, it is a Middle Eastern restaurant- Al Salam? I just went out and found a great skirt and picked up some beautiful fabric for a pair of harem pants :) 'Sama said that one of the dancers he's had in the past used to change her costume between every set... That might help me deal with 'wardrobe overload' :D My first night will be Saturday, June 30th- feel free to come and join in! :)

Lydia

Goodluck!! i am sure you wil do fine!! dont forget to take your smile along, Lydia:dance::dance:

jannine

Rio
How exciting for you!! I am sure you will shine brightly! My best wishes and have a great time.

be blessed

leila_yu

Great news and could be a great opportunity for some other shows! I hope u'll enjoy! Write us about your impressions!:clap:

Didi

Go, Rio!

Rio, that's so exciting! Congratulations. I know you must be thrilled. :clap:

With best wishes for a stellar first performance,
Didi

RioDancerCO

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support! I'm pretty darned excited :D I just finished my photo shoot yesterday afternoon (verrry hot sun!) Here are the two that I'm debating between for promotional pieces- help me pick!

RioDancerCO

Hey guys :) The first night was a success! Now if any of you have suggestions for music... The stuff I picked worked alright, but... If I dance super fast for 20 minutes solid (times 2 or 3 sets) I'm going to collapse so I need small parts of the song to be slow. 'Sama says that the audience participates better with the fast stuff. He also said that the music I was dancing to sounded more tribal than cabaret. I can dance to whatever I like but it'd be nice to have a compromise. I used several songs from Solace albums and some folk music. I'd like to have new music for my next performance on July 14th. :think:

Kharmine

I'd suggest "the Rough Guide to Belly Dance," any of the Desert Roses CDs, the first three Belly Dance Super Stars CDs -- you get a pretty good variety of music to dance to and they're often easy to find at Barnes & Noble or Borders.