Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Wish me luck

Hi folks.

Tonight and tomorrow evening I have again my "Oriental Flow" show with my students, with a completely new program. Sorry that I didn't announce it before, I was so busy preparing everything that when I logged in here, I only wanted not to think about it Yesterday we had the final rehearsal in the theater and I found out, that the new light and sound technician we have this time, is not that good like the last one. We've been arranging the lights for almost 8 hours (we were in the theater from 6p.m. to 2a.m. A marathon rehearsal). And I'm not sure, if today everything will be like I'd like it to be. The theater is absolutely sold out and I am a bit nervous, because it would be embarrassing, if we would have problems with light and sound. So please my friends, wish me good luck, so that everything goes right. I will post picks and videos from the show, when everything is over

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, Chryssanthi!!! As much work as you've put into this, though, I'll bet everything goes exactly as you want it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Chryssanthi,

Here we go, I am sending all the positive vibes from me and whole of south east Asia!!!!

Don't be nervous. I am sure everything will be oK. I wish I am there to see your show. Hope I can get to see it soon.

Good luck, Good luck,Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, ( 8 is a lucky number here so you are getting 8 good lucks).

Hugs
    Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, have a wonderful show, and don't worry about the lights or sound. I am sure that after that 8 hour light check the guy will surely remember to do things correctly. And besides, if the sound and lights fail, you can still mesmerize the audience by mere dancing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies, thank you so much
    Janaki, I think especially the good vibes from Asia will bring me much luck, since I have a good karma with this continent As about the show, of course I will bring you the DVD, when I will come to Honk Kong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    Ah, have a wonderful show, and don't worry about the lights or sound. I am sure that after that 8 hour light check the guy will surely remember to do things correctly. And besides, if the sound and lights fail, you can still mesmerize the audience by mere dancing!!!
    You are soooooooo right Maariku!!!

Chryssanthi, you can mesmerize your audience with your mere dancing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting! I wish you all the best! As a "newbie" I am so looking forward to photos and videos. I am sure light and joy will encompass every talented effort brought forth by you and your students. Best wishes!!

be blessed

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes and good luck! Will wait for pictures and videos!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I remember what those problems used to feel like!

If you have some backup plans in place and go out there with a smile, no matter what, you'll usually find audiences will be supportive when things don't go perfectly.

Break a leg!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance performance Snaffoos

Dear Cryssanthi,
    Hopefully the gods of show biz will smile on you and all will be well.
    But just in case... we have what my dance company calls our "Snaffoo Plan". Our announcer is prepared, in case of any emergency, such as music, light failure, or over long costume changes, to use the Plan. We have compiled a list of Middle Eastern dance info that pertains strictly to our city. If there is a problem, our announcer says. something along the lines of, "While our engineer makes an adjustment to the lighting, we would like to take a moment to tell you about Middle Eastern dance in Spokane. Did you know that the first performance of Middle Eastern dance in Spokane took place at the World's Fair in 1974? " etc, etc.
    This fills the time and makes the dance just a little bit more personal since it deals with the place where most of the audience lives. ( We also have back-up equipment in place!!)
    Regards,
    A'isha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast