Wish me luck

chryssanthi sahar

Hi folks.

Tonight and tomorrow evening I have again my "Oriental Flow" show with my students, with a completely new program. Sorry that I didn't announce it before, I was so busy preparing everything that when I logged in here, I only wanted not to think about it:lol: Yesterday we had the final rehearsal in the theater and I found out, that the new light and sound technician we have this time, is not that good like the last one. We've been arranging the lights for almost 8 hours:shok: (we were in the theater from 6p.m. to 2a.m. A marathon rehearsal). And I'm not sure, if today everything will be like I'd like it to be. The theater is absolutely sold out and I am a bit nervous, because it would be embarrassing, if we would have problems with light and sound. So please my friends, wish me good luck, so that everything goes right. I will post picks and videos from the show, when everything is over:D

janaki

Dear Chryssanthi,

Here we go, I am sending all the positive vibes from me and whole of south east Asia!!!!

Don't be nervous. I am sure everything will be oK. I wish I am there to see your show. Hope I can get to see it soon.

Good luck, Good luck,Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, Good luck, :lol:( 8 is a lucky number here so you are getting 8 good lucks).

Hugs
Janaki

Safran

Ah, have a wonderful show, and don't worry about the lights or sound. I am sure that after that 8 hour light check the guy will surely remember to do things correctly. And besides, if the sound and lights fail, you can still mesmerize the audience by mere dancing!!!

chryssanthi sahar

Ladies, thank you so much:D
Janaki, I think especially the good vibes from Asia will bring me much luck, since I have a good karma with this continent;) As about the show, of course I will bring you the DVD, when I will come to Honk Kong:D

janaki

Ah, have a wonderful show, and don't worry about the lights or sound. I am sure that after that 8 hour light check the guy will surely remember to do things correctly. And besides, if the sound and lights fail, you can still mesmerize the audience by mere dancing!!!

You are soooooooo right Maariku!!!

Chryssanthi, you can mesmerize your audience with your mere dancing!!!

jannine

How exciting! I wish you all the best! As a "newbie" I am so looking forward to photos and videos. I am sure light and joy will encompass every talented effort brought forth by you and your students. Best wishes!!

be blessed

Kharmine

Wow, I remember what those problems used to feel like!

If you have some backup plans in place and go out there with a smile, no matter what, you'll usually find audiences will be supportive when things don't go perfectly.

Break a leg!

Aisha Azar

Dance performance Snaffoos

Dear Cryssanthi,
Hopefully the gods of show biz will smile on you and all will be well.
But just in case... we have what my dance company calls our "Snaffoo Plan". Our announcer is prepared, in case of any emergency, such as music, light failure, or over long costume changes, to use the Plan. We have compiled a list of Middle Eastern dance info that pertains strictly to our city. If there is a problem, our announcer says. something along the lines of, "While our engineer makes an adjustment to the lighting, we would like to take a moment to tell you about Middle Eastern dance in Spokane. Did you know that the first performance of Middle Eastern dance in Spokane took place at the World's Fair in 1974? " etc, etc.
This fills the time and makes the dance just a little bit more personal since it deals with the place where most of the audience lives. ( We also have back-up equipment in place!!)
Regards,
A'isha

Yshka

Dear Chryssanthi,

best of luck to you and your show. Sending you some positive energy as well from the Netherlands:D!

If sound fails, get somebody to play a doumbek;), or have a short speach as A'isha suggested while someone fixes the problem.
If lighting fails, just dance, you'll shine enough to light the whole room:cool:!

Don't worry too much, your show will be fab!

janaki

Hi Chryssanthi,

Have a few candle trays with six to eight candles on each handy. If the lights fail lit up the candles and place them in four corners of the stage and dance away. Beleive me bellydancing in the candle light looks wow!!!! In one occassion we had those "outdoor battery operated lamps" handy. They will last for about 1hrs when fully charged. I actually decoarted them to give them arabian touch. Agian in the event of light failure you place these on the stage, where ever is required.

All the best!!!

Hugs
Janaki

chryssanthi sahar

Ladies, you are wonderful:D Thank you so much for your good wishes and your good advises. Yesterday we didn't have any bigger problems (well, only some little ones) and the audience enjoyed the show very much and so did we;). I hope that today also everything will go all right:pray:
This time the show is very international. We have except the obligatory Arabian part (classic, modern and folklore) also a lot of Greek stuff (Tsifteteli, folklore, fantasy), Balkan stuff, Spanish-Arabian and Latin-Arabian Fusions as well as Turkish. I'll put the best acts on youtube and post them also here:D
Thank you so much for your support. It is so wonderful to have friends all over the world and to feel connected to them, even if one hasn't met personally yet (o.k. with some of you I have:D). Somehow the Internet is a really cool thing:cool:

chryssanthi sahar

After all the performance went very well :dance: We were at both evenings completely sold out and the girls gave their best! Thank you for all your good wishes:D We had only a little problem with the video. The first part of the second day of the show didn't get recorded because the tape was defect. But at least we have the first part of the first day. I posted some pics of our group on the photo gallery.

slinks

:) I didn't get to wish you luck, must have missed this post .. BUT I'm here to congratulate you :-D