Hi from an Aussie Melbourne Girl!

Charni

I have just joined the forum and am so happy to see other Aussie belly dance enthusiasts have already found it! This whole website has such a wealth of information you could get lost for days just reading!

If there are others in Melbourne there is a Melbourne Middle Eastern Dance Festival in July!

jannine

Hello and welcome!! Nice to have you here. You are right, this is a great site ,encourageing , helpfull people. I visited your website, very nice!! Happy posting!

be blessed

Charni

Thanks!

Thank you Jannine for your kind words, just another example of how supportive and wonderful the bellydance community is!!

If anyone does have feedback on my website I would appreciate it as it's only been up for a couple of months and am still learning!

Charni

Thanks!

Thank you MiaMi for your welcome! Wow Florida, that must be so nice and warm, it is cold and the middle of winter here! Makes good shimmy weather as there is nothing quicker to warm you up than a good shimmy!!

gwinity

Hello Charni, and welcome! I think there are a couple of us from Melbourne (usually lurking) here. What a small world! :)

Charni

Wow it IS a small world!

Thanks Gwinty for your welcome! Are there any other Melbournians? I'm actually originally from Adelaide and that's where I learnt how to belly dance.

gwinity

Hi Charni,

I know of at least one other Melburnian here (Fire Lily), so it's a terribly small world sometimes, isnt it? And, oddly enough, the early part of my childhood was spent in Adelaide, so my first memories are from there!!

:dance:

belly taz

Fire Lily

Hello fellow Aussie!
As Gwinity stated, I live in Melbournhe too.
Or at least an hour south east of it.:lol:
Welcome to the group.

Fire Lily

Nat242

I've lived in Melbourne, where I first learned belly dancing (from Victoria Mead, do you know her?), I've lived in Adelaide (twice) and now I live in Brisbane...

Small world!

Fire Lily

I've heard of her. Never had lessons with her though.
Do you know Mel Rodgers or Mai'sah?

Last edited:

Nat242

No I don't, I only took lessons in Melbourne for a year or so, so I didn't get a lot of exposure to other dancers.

Fire Lily

Mai'sah is currently my teacher.
She does goth fusion as well as American cab.
I'm learning a veil piece with her at the moment..:dance::clap::cool: One of my favorate props next to the zills

adiemus

kia ora from Christchurch, NZ. There are a couple of us kiwi's on here too. Now I think I *need* to come to Melbourne, apart from the terrific shopping!