Where can I find coins for a coin skirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachy

I found a pattern to crochet a coin skirt, but I haven't had any luck finding the coins with the holes to use.

Thanks in advance!

Salome

Administrator
In the town I live in there is a bead shop and they carry different types of coins (the cheaper, thin type used on hip scarves) that you can buy by the bag. Maybe there is a local shop in your area?

Rachy

What type of store should I look for? We have a "make your own jewelry" store downtown here. Maybe they might have something?

gwinity

Rachy, where did you find the pattern?

I've had more success looking on ebay for coins, because they're simply not available here, or not that I can find.

Lydia

You can find all kind of coin,s at www.saroyanzils.com beside that ziiiillllssssss looooooooooooots and looooooooooots ,happy sewing...Lydia

Safran

Hi Rachy! Around here they sell the coins in fabric stores. Right next to beads, sequins and other applications. But looking at the suggestions of others - maybe it is cheaper to order online... :(

Rachy

thanks girls!!

I did look at fabric stores here, but none. They are really cheap online! Wow, the ones that I actually found were really heavy and expensive! Thanks!!!

Aliz

Hi,

Which ones are the heavy ones? I'm afraid to order coins online, because all I can find in fabric stores are the thin aluminum tinkly ones that sound horrible. I'm looking for coins like the ones on heavy hip scarves, that sound wonderful. And sorry about the repeat post, I just realized this was a better thread for it. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.