Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which steps are more difficult for you?

I'm getting desperate because the vertical eights are not working for me ; I try and try but just can't get the motion as it is arrggh!!! is frustrating

Post Thanks / Like

Awwww.... you need a hug to stop feeling like this

Maybe if you tell us how you think about the movement (as in the steps you were either taught to do it or learned to do it) we can see if we can guide you on something that might help.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Maybe you should sit back and relax a bit from trying those vertical eights. Concentrate on something else instead for a week, and then try again. Sometimes a break helps.

I am useless with anything that should come from the left knee. Especially when I am in the class under the close watch of my teacher But the shimmies I do while I brush my teeth in the morning are much better. Because I don't try that hard then

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    But the shimmies I do while I brush my teeth in the morning are much better. Because I don't try that hard then
    Hey This is awesome! I can shimmy while washing dishes and carrying mugs with coffee, but I fail each time when I try while brushing teeth! Suppose just need more practice! Any tips?

LOL LOL LOL

Post Thanks / Like

stand up strait when you brush!!LOL ...Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Im ok with my figures of eight, back, forwards and vertical. The move I find hardest is circles whilst walking. Im fine with them on the spot, but as soon as I move I loose the circle. It did really frustrat me, but I spoke to my teacher and she said you can sometimes try and try and not do it and then one day it will just come...Im still waiting for the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia dubai View Post
    stand up strait when you brush!!LOL ...Lydia
    Lydia nailed it! It is probably because you want to brush and shimmy with the same pace, even though in the beginning it might be pretty difficult to catch up with the hand moving... So, keeping the correct posture will help you separate those two movements. You can also just try to shimmy with half the speed of your tooth brushing.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

HA! I also nailed it! Thanks Lydia!

Post Thanks / Like

Right, now you've got me curious .. I'm gonna shimmy next time I brush my teeth .. lol, I'll get back to you after :-)

I teach a few ladies here, in my boonie town and some have trouble walking with the circles ... try, L leg out, half circle to the front, then R leg in, half circle to the back, L leg out, half circle to the front, then R leg in, half circle to the back ... think hula hoops too, cos you gotta keep that balanced..

Post Thanks / Like

Flutter!!!

I never really paid attention to learn flutter up until I took the work shop with Randa last year. OMG!!! the way she does it!!! I am practicing ever since. Not there yet!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast