Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I CAN brush while I shimmy !! lol

I'm with you Janaki .. my flutters and bellyrolls are very weak ..

Post Thanks / Like

i have come to the realisation that my belly was not made in such a fashion that it is capable of rolling. i have thus given up the belly roll.

Post Thanks / Like

try them lying in bed. that way you cant help but for all your muscles to be relaxed. this is how i got the movement down.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a cool idea, charity. I'm gonna try it. I can do a belly roll about 20% of the time I try, which makes 80% of time spent practicing it very frustrating indeed.

I'm nowhere near the flutter, though. The breathing really throws me off...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    It did really frustrate me, but I spoke to my teacher and she said you can sometimes try and try and not do it and then one day it will just come...Im still waiting for the day!
    Samantha, I believe your teacher is right. One day a couple of weeks ago, my chest circles just "clicked". Suddenly it didn't feel awkward and wrong and somehow forced, but smooth and flowing and as if the muscles were really isolated. Plus, it looked dramatically different in the mirror. But it was months of practicing before that and always thinking... "I'm never going to get this." I was wrong, though. I guess my body just had its own schedule...

Happy practicing, everybody!
    Didi

Post Thanks / Like

oh i can do them lying flat...i been doing them lying flat for 2 years...i just can't do em standing up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    oh i can do them lying flat...i been doing them lying flat for 2 years...i just can't do em standing up.
    KEEP practicing!!!! plus try putting your weight into your toes & leaning your (lifted) chest a tad forward (more over your toes) to do this (in the beginning) while standing...

Post Thanks / Like

i have had bad trouble with the forward shoulder rolls and slow shoulder punches. just recently i discovered that while leaning forward slightly at the waist , i can do the alternating shoulder punches easier. and yet to walk with a shoulder shimmy i find i have to lean back a bit...?either way the shoulder moves are extremely difficult for me.

any suggestions as to why this is so difficult and how to improve would be much appreciated.

initially, i could do the belly roll down to up but now can only do it some of the time. whereas the up to down has become incredibly easy.

coordinating arms with the bottom half is always a challenge for me. that i have to practice as i learn new moves.

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble with the camel: I get the lower undulation just fine, but the initial chest circle is still beyond me. Plus, sometimes I get a little catch right at the dimple in my lower back on the left that doesn't want to let me bring my pelvis all the way forward to complete the move.
    I can bellyroll from the bottom up, but the top down roll is just not coming!
    Practice practice practice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12