questions about belly dancers in cartoons/TV shows

slinks

I don't know about cartoons.. but there is plenty of movies and tv serieses that have BDers on ...
I dream of Jeanie >>NOTE not fantastic dancing
Bewitched >>NOTE not fantastic dancing
Aradian Nights
Charlies Angels the movies 1 & 2 (1 has Mesmera)
Satin Rouge
even the Scorpian King has a little dancing in it !!
Budd Abott and Lou Coststello Lost in the Harem, this I haven't seen since I was a kid so I can't remember
Elvis Presley's Harem Scarem.. >>NOTE not fantastic dancing
I could go on but I'm a little tongue tired at the moment .. I'll have to go away and think .. there are a couple of Samia Gamal movies that I want to get something like A Jeannie in a bottle ?? and the is a movie with Fifi Abdo called Al Sittat or El Setat that I want to get my hands on ...

Aniseteph

I knew I'd seen a list somewhere, WITH comments on the dancing and costumes and who the dancer is.... Movies and Television Shows with Belly Dancers or Middle Eastern Touches

Also an episode of Ironside. And Shira went for the obvious Carry On film - ...Follow That Camel. Clearly not a true Carry On afficionado, or she would have included the unforgettable spectacle of Bernard Cribbins dancing dressed as a harem girl in Carry On Spying. Alas no YouTube clips.... :(

Amulya

One of the James Bond movies has one, only for a few seconds. Generally when there are belly dancers in movies I doubt they are real ones, just actresses dressed up as one.
Satin Rouge was a good movie. Though the dancing isn't great, it got a good story line (but very creepy ending)

Shanazel

I watched a movie called "Rendition" a few nights ago. There is a "belly dancer" in a brief scene. Don't know why they couldn't come up with a real dancer. :rolleyes: Heaven knows dancers are out there and looking for gigs.

Shanazel

Oh, Dar, that is so disgusting! :shok:

Nope, they aren't cartoon/animated, Dan. We're sliding a bit off topic as we are wont to do. :)

Last edited:

Amulya

I watched a movie called "Rendition" a few nights ago. There is a "belly dancer" in a brief scene. Don't know why they couldn't come up with a real dancer. :rolleyes: Heaven knows dancers are out there and looking for gigs.

Because in my experience they can't be bothered to pay. Seriously, I have been asked so many times for TV shows and things if I could do it for free or $50. They pay everybody else and there is plenty of money to go around but somehow they don't have money for the dancer :(
ETA: and then they do the old 'but it's great exposure' *sigh* (there is part of me that's glad to be retired, no more dealing with this sort of infuriating stuff!)